Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question about activating the iphone

Default question about activating the iphone
    Okay so on my account, one line is eligible for an upgrade. The line that is eligible is not mine. I'm going to use that line to order the iPhone 4. I'm planning on ordering it online. Now when I get the iPhone, will I be able to activate it for my number, or will I have to activate it for the number I ordered it for? If it is the latter, how would I go about changing it so that it is on my number?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You will have to go to AT&T so they can get you a microsim with your number for the iphone 4.

not really they can change the SIM right thru customer service just give them the number of the micro sim that comes with the iphone 4 and tell them you want the iphone put on xyz number and not abc number. and abc number which was upgrade eligable never gets touched. Im doing the same thing my wifes line is up for renewal so i took it to get the upgrade price but im putting it on my line when i get it. just call att on the 24th. (if you can get thru !! lol)
    wishes he could afford a macbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tearsanddreams For This Useful Post:

UmarAllAroundYou (2010-06-15)

yeah im actually going to pick it up in person so I just wanted to make sure that they wouldnt throw a fit since im not upgrading normally lol. thanks for the help guys!