Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4: Pre-order & AT&T Store

Thanks

Default iPhone 4: Pre-order & AT&T Store
    Hi, I've been using T-mobile on my iPhone for years now. I finally decided to switch to AT&T this month with the new iPhone. Since I've always purchased my phones from Craigslist (used) I've got some questions about purchasing the new phone.

1) Which method is more efficient to be able to receive the phone on the day of release - the pre-order through AT&T or the same day AT&T/Apple store purchase?

2) If the second method is better, how long of a line should I expect? (I have to request time off work).

3) I get a 15% military discount (similar to the 15% govt/state employees), can I apply that if I pre-order through AT&T?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-10 at 02:37 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you pre-order you are for sure getting a phone the release day. Either way; pre-order or go to apple/at&t without pre-ordering you will have to wait in line. Don't know about military discount, might call at&t and ask about it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

adp (2010-06-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a question. with pre order, i have a att store close buy and a apple store far away. can i pre order(upgrade option) and will still be able to get the upgrade option (199/299) on line? does att even do pre orders?

i have never pre ordered before and need any info yall can give me thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

AT&T does do pre-orders. Thats what I'm doing since we don't have an Apple store here. I'm not exactly sure how the pre-order works since ive never done it before but im assuming you maybe make a down payment then settle up once you're at AT&T and get the phone.

Thanks

do you know if they ship to your house or to the store? i'am so excited

will apple send(if pre order) to my house or store?/will i recive the upgrade pricing if ordered from apple that att gives?
    Last edited by one_crazy_dude; 2010-06-11 at 02:40 AM. Reason: add more questions

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple will ship to your house (maybe work) or to an apple store. AT&T will ship to your home, work, or AT&T store. Ordering from either you will get the discount.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

one_crazy_dude (2010-06-11)

Thanks

you have been thanked

Thanks

I'm thinking about shipping this to work since I probably won't be home. Either that or ship to store but I've hear the lines are long for pre-orders. If anyone has any input/horror stories on either of these please reply

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Preorder pick-up at AT&T
    I was just reading the AT&T Faqs on preorder pickup. It says that you can preorder for pickup in store on or after friday the 25th. So does this mean if I preorder from AT&T, I can not pickup until the day after release?

I contacted the att store and the apple store and apparently you have to have a real credit card and not a debit credit card in order to preorder the new iphone. Does anyone know if there is another way in which i can preorder the phone witha debit credit card.

The last time around (3GS) I pre-ordered through the AT&T site and the phone was delivered on the date of release to my home. No reason to believe the same won't take place with this release.

Thanks

I just got off the phone and they said that they will apply the 15% military discount if I pre-order, and that your billing cycle begins when you activate your phone. So I'm pretty sure I will pre-order and have it shipped to my house. I'm hearing of lines taking 7 hours on release date and I just don't have that much time.

EDIT:

CONFIRMED (directly from AT&T site)

iPhone 4 pre-orders shipped to AT&T stores will be available for pickup on June 25th. Better ship it home/work:

Consumers may preorder iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8GB at AT&T retail stores or online at iPhone 4 & 3GS, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - Wireless from AT&T beginning June 15. Business customers can preorder through their AT&T sales representative or by visiting AT&T’s Premier site. For greater convenience and faster delivery, preorders can be shipped directly to a customer’s home or business for delivery as early as June 24. Customers can also have a preorder shipped to their local AT&T store for pick up on or after Friday, June 25.

AT&T stores will operate on a first-come, first-served basis, and will accommodate as many customers as possible.
    AT&T to Offer iPhone 4 on June 24
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-11 at 05:57 PM.