Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: changing to a different phone

Default changing to a different phone
    Here is the deal.I am going to cancel service with my iphone.I just cant afford the bill anymore.I need to keep my current number though.Can i use my iphone sim in another cheap at&t phone?Or will they transfer my number to another at&t phone?I just need keep my number but i need a cheaper monthly bill.What are my options?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First of all you're better off asking an AT&T sales rep what your options are.. not a bunch of people that have iPhones and want to keep them. You can buy a different compatible AT&T phone from Ebay or craigslist or where ever you want.. then stick your SIM card in it and call customer service to change your rate plan. They will ask you for the IMEI number of the phone for your account record.

Thanks alot.

Another question.I got me a new phone and moved my sim over,cancelled data.If i were to put the sim back in my iphone will they know and slap the data plan back on?I have heard they would,and i heard they wouldnt.Is it possible to do this?
    Last edited by mikeym41240; 2010-05-24 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AT&T will be able to tell that you put you sim back in the iPhone. I haven't heard of them just slapping the data costs on, but I do know they call and say they will put it on. That way you are notified that they are putting it on.