Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Canadian iPhone... Switch to AT&T

Thanks

Default Canadian iPhone... Switch to AT&T
    Hey,
    My friend recently gifted me a 16GB iPhone 3G from Canada, with the Official RED network locked to it... I was just wondering how could I get this phone to work with AT&T in the US? My baseband is the latest... upgraded to 3.1.3
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

U can't it's updated already so u can't unlock

Thanks

Even if AT&T is an official carrier?

The Model number of the phone is MB632C. It is sold by Rogers. So do I have to unlock it to use an official US Carrier?
    Last edited by Mars478; 2010-05-01 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Yes - you need to unlock. Every iPhone manufactured is 'locked' to a provider and the provider depends on country where the phone is sold.

(unless you directly buy from apple unlocked paying BIG).

May be if its still under warranty take it to apple care and tell them its freezing, it becomes hot, it becomes cold.. it becomes...>?<!. Sometimes they swap out and usually those are unlocked ones, but be prepared. Certainly those are refurbished!!