Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone fixes Data plan to $30 a month instead of $10

well theres 3 ways to look, one shows the profile that you added your imei to, one shows what your calling from, other shows what your calling from

if I get any calls that a customer is trying to trick the system I usually check notes, put a flag on the account and don't make any changes.

That's too strict They've always changed mine...up until the system started going it itself that is. Verizon better have cheaper plans if they get the iPhone...

I have AT&T and using iphone 3g with no data plan for more than a year. My SIM is the blue AT&T card, before the company merged with Cingular. I called to inquire about a data plan and it took the lady 10 mins to pull up one. It's the old school "M Net" 30$ plan. I remember using Turbo SIM once on this phone and I was able to get data service (per use basis). When I log onto AT&T ebilling, my profile says I have an iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lili4311 View Post
    That's too strict They've always changed mine...up until the system started going it itself that is. Verizon better have cheaper plans if they get the iPhone...
    They won't. Big Red is known for being more expensive than anyone else, so don't think for a minute they'll be cheaper than AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03 View Post
    They won't. Big Red is known for being more expensive than anyone else, so don't think for a minute they'll be cheaper than AT&T.
    It's somewhat cheap for me because I get a 25% discount for both. AT&T is trying to butt rape me in it though. I'm getting tired of them...

both verizon and att plans are nearly identical

only reason why people would "consider" verizon to butt rape you in terms of plans is you need to tell them exactly what phone you are using on their network because you need to have your edsn number attached to your phone number unlike att where you can sim swap and not tell them what phone you are using. Why is this important? because the moment you tell them your edsn number thats when the system goes, oh its a blackberry heres the blackberry data plan.

other than that there data plans, rate plans, text plans, family plans are all priced exactly as att's is.

now in terms of discounts thats a different story I get 24% off if I was on att and I get 10% off on verizon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

hOW DO YOU GET/QUALIFY FOR THESE 25% OFF PLANS?? Also remember the 3G is just one way the data gets to yuor phone when there is no 3G signal it gets there through Edge. Turning off 3G on the iphone does NOT block data, you need to fake the APN on the phone top completely block data.

They are company discounts. Sears, hospitals, phone companies, etc. get them

Thanks

@lili - how do we go about getting them?

Just go to your AT&T store and ask if your company gets a discount. They'll ask for your work id or email (whichever you have really), and then they'll hook you up . It usually takes about a month to go through. In fact, I work for a company THAT WORKS for the hospital, not the hospital itself. However, since my name tag said the hospital's name, I got THEIR DISCOUNT. It's badass...:P

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lili4311 For This Useful Post:

jrobert888 (2010-06-02)

Thanks

We get a 25% discount through work too. Hospitals rule...unless you're a patient.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    We get a 25% discount through work too. Hospitals rule...unless you're a patient.
    Yay! Discounts for everyone.

They have send me many msm as well, I wonde why, I havent changed my plan since I bough mine a year plus ago

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    both verizon and att plans are nearly identical
    This is a guarantee now and for the future.

If you have not noticed; All 4 big USA cellular are committing felony collusion.
    Last edited by rustymetal; 2010-05-16 at 03:12 PM.

Meow?

Quote Originally Posted by lili4311 View Post
    Just go to your AT&T store and ask if your company gets a discount. They'll ask for your work id or email (whichever you have really), and then they'll hook you up . It usually takes about a month to go through. In fact, I work for a company THAT WORKS for the hospital, not the hospital itself. However, since my name tag said the hospital's name, I got THEIR DISCOUNT. It's badass...:P

stores are going to be directing you to the website

www.wireless.att.com/discounts

put in your work email, check your work email

click hyper link, wait 1 to 2 bill cycles for company discount to take effect.

this also allows you to get equipment discounts off the premier store as well, except for iphones

Default only on the iphone?
    I am now also looking into other smartphones/PDA's. Does anyone know if AT&T can only detect the data plan for iphones or will they be able to detect, say a blackberry or any other smartphone if i swap in my AT&T SIM card into that phone, and then send me a similar text to upgrade my data plan?

AT&T can detect any phone you have. Also, the rep I talked to last time said that all smartphone/pda's have to have a $30 plan. Unless you're using a p.o.s. phone like the razor

Geez! then what the heck do i do with my old iphone if i ever want to upgrade? anyone i give my iphone to will have to endure paying an additional $30per month even if they didn't want the data plan to begin with!

Is what AT&T even legal??? we should raise up a class action law suit! This is rediculous!

Just don't tell them :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast