Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 Iphones 1 Eternity on $10 Data

Default 2 Iphones 1 Eternity on $10 Data
    Ok i have 2 Iphones and 1 Samsung Eternity that are all on a $10 Data Plan from att. So anyways its been months and I havent gotten a text from them about it. But I know they know im running iphones since it shows them on the myWireless through the imei. They obviously havent scanned over it yet but the Samsung Eternity is starting to have some problems and we need a warranty replacement. The thing is if I call and they check the account to see 2 iphones without the plan they would add it right? Say I do a sim swap and put both the sims into non-smartphones and make a call. Will that be enough to make the phones on the website change or will I have to use non-smartphones continuously and then call them so it seems im using non-smartphones and get a warranty replacment. Say right now without sim swaping i call warranty will they change it right away since the imei is coming from an iphone? Or will they not pay attention to the other lines on the account and only the one that is having problems?

You are lucky... I would say that you need to put the SIMs into a non-smartphone and make some calls, send some texts, give it maybe an hour, just to be safe. Be careful, you are very very lucky, and they may still be able to see that they are ihpones.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

honestly i doubt they will actually check.
    all they do is run the IMEI. they will see which account it is on.
    If they say an iPhone is active you can make an excuse like "i put the sim into an iphone for a little just to try the phone" or something.
    I dont think they will care much.
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    You are lucky... I would say that you need to put the SIMs into a non-smartphone and make some calls, send some texts, give it maybe an hour, just to be safe. Be careful, you are very very lucky, and they may still be able to see that they are ihpones.
    from a friend that worked at T-Mobile. It takes 24-48 hours for it to appear in their system.

So, do what he said, but over the course of at least 2 days.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't take 24-48 hours with AT&T. It happens rather quickly. You can verify it by logging onto your wireless account online. It shows the phone that is registering on their network.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It doesn't take 24-48 hours with AT&T. It happens rather quickly. You can verify it by logging onto your wireless account online. It shows the phone that is registering on their network.
    It took them about a day to see my iphone when I got it a month ago. I checked every few hours, cuz I was wanting to know..so I could try and get out of the $30 data plan.

It had the iphone picture, but it was still seeing and directing me to my old LG Neon

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've been on the $10 plan for almost 6 months now. It shows on my account that I am using an iphone. They have sent me a few warning texts but they never upgrade the plan. I use quite a bit of data and tether too. I don't think they actually do anything, they just try to scare you.
    My toys:
    IPhone 4 16gb
    IPad 16gb
    White MacBook
    Yamaha R6
    BMW M3

Ok so they found me and said we have added the appropriate plan and crap now i want it back help?????

Ok that was easy..... customer service is gullible is took yoTelefonoTresG advice and said i was testing it out she changed it right away
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 2010-04-11 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^^ Until they scan again, and you get the data plan without them texting you.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Ok this so worked for me.... ok so i called customer service saying i was not using the iphone and it kept coming up with it and they asked the imei on the phone i was using and i gave the eternity and they were all like it must be a system problem and they said they would talk to tech and fix it... i got a text and it said your problem had been solved and i know it is because i have not done anything to the other iphone and it got found but this one didnt

I would have to agree with the person who said you are lucky. Because i put a sim into my iphone for like 3 minutes and they added the iPhone plan to my account. Good luck

<3

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't be dishonest... novel concept?

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    Don't be dishonest... novel concept?
    Who are you referring to? lol It's hard to follow such a vague post. Novel Concept of telling CS that you are using a friends iPhone? Hardly.