Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T automatic add data Plan

Default AT&T automatic add data Plan
    I was sleeping and hear a text message and looked up and said this

AT&T free MSG: Did you know an eligible data plan is required for your iphone? Call 611 or visit att.com/iphoneplans for details.

then 5 min later I go this

At&t free msg: Your iphone require an eligible data plan.We have added the appropriate plan for your iphone.Call 611 or go to att.com/iphoneplans for info

Is there a way to disable this? I dont need a data plan I have a wifi at home and work. I can connect from my home and 10 miles away due to a Outside Wifi router that projects 25 Miles

Thanks

They know you have an iPhone. They are gonna charge an extra $30 a month. Don't feel bad, my friends in my area that have AT&T have to pay it and we don't even get 3g coverage, so where I live there no point in having AT&T. Thanks geohot and dev team!!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it should only be $20 like the first iPhone if you don't have a 3G area. It is a ripoff.

Thanks

Fo sho! Do you think AT&T would get away with the $30 surcharge if they weren't the exclusive carrier for the iPhone? I don't!

Um other carriers charge about the same price for 3G data... I do agree that it should be an option, but this is how they make money: by forcing you to pay for stuff you don't use/need

EDIT: Verizon and T-Mobile both charge $30 for unlimited 3G.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2010-03-16 at 02:48 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!