Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm trying to get MMS on 3.0, but I think I'm doing a little mistake.

Default I'm trying to get MMS on 3.0, but I think I'm doing a little mistake.
    i'm trying to update my carrier settings using the directions on this page:

i know it says 3.1, but people say it also works with 3.0. i don't understand when it says press shift then check for update. why would i try to update my FW to update my carrier settings?! i know i'm doing something wrong, i just don't understand what. when i click shift, i only have the option for ipsw files, not ipcc. thanks!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-10-19 at 10:47 PM. Reason: no links

Thanks

U have to enable iTunes to be able to search for ipcc.

There's tutorial on here on how to do it
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwg94 View Post
    i'm trying to update my carrier settings using the directions on this page:

i know it says 3.1, but people say it also works with 3.0. i don't understand when it says press shift then check for update. why would i try to update my FW to update my carrier settings?! i know i'm doing something wrong, i just don't understand what. when i click shift, i only have the option for ipsw files, not ipcc. thanks!
    You most likely forgot this step in the process (taken from the link you have).

Windows 32 Bit:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Go to Start then Run and type CMD.
    3. Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “C: \Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Note: If the command in point 3 doesn't work then please double check the path of iTunes.exe on your computer and use that path instead of the one mentioned withing quotes above.

Windows 64 Bit:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Go to Start then Run and type CMD.
    3. Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “C: \Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Once you do the above when you open iTunes you hold the shift key and select update which will open a dialog box allowing you to search for the file, you then need to click the drop down box where it says ipsw and select ipcc. Then the file you need will show up. Just make sure prior to the update you uninstall any carrier logos you've installed (otherwise the update will fail).

Now the reason you update is because you're updating/replacing the current IPCC file you have on the phone with a version that will enable MMS without updating to FW 3.1.

The whole process takes about a minute, maybe 2. Once it's done reboot your phone and the little camera icon will be next to where you type for an SMS message, and the option to send via MMS will be there when you click on a photo.
    Last edited by RayvenHawk; 2009-10-19 at 11:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ssss
    Last edited by karloz25; 2010-09-28 at 05:48 AM.