Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kind of mad. But I'll live.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Kind of mad. But I'll live.
    I was originally on T-Mobile with a 3.0 3G. I decided to make the switch to ATT because of the 3G (wanted to take advantage of the iPhone wherever I am). So, I cancelled my T-Mobile. I signed up for 2 lines for ATT (check sig). The rep was real nice. I told him what I wanted as a plan and service. He said he changed it. Wrote down on my receipt and brochure to make sure I went home knowing what was on my plan.

Low and behold, I checked my online statement. With 2 weeks of service (Oct 3rd), I have a bill of $400. I was livid. I called and found out that I was being charged for data usage and my texts.

I said, how can I be charged texts and data when I have unlimited family texting ($30) and 2 iphone required data plans for unlimited data ($30 each). The 611 rep said that there is no unlimited data plan, its capped at 8GB. I asked why on the website it says unlimited. She stated that its there just because but really everyone has 8GB of data. I went off about my services. She fixed the issue and credited my account and now my bill is what its suppose to be. I'm just mad that if I didnt check my bill or anything, the amount would have increased. And what kind of business is this if the rep write down what I have as a plan and turning out it didnt get set up? /endrant

But the 8GB data thing is still on my mind. Why would they put unlimited if its actually NOT unlimited? This could be a class action lawsuit if 3.1.2 OTB could tether and people see outrageous charges.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Other companies do the same thing, they advertise "unlimited" but there is a limit. Take Comcast, they say unlimited but they have a 250gig limit per month, up and down combined. There are other telecomms that do the same thing but with far lower limits. Tethering requires a extra charge on the account. Since ATT does not have tethering of the 3G[s] right now then they could charge your account if that is what you are using it for.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-10-14 at 03:27 AM.