Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T jailbroken 3.1 iphone MMS 90% then nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default AT&T jailbroken 3.1 iphone MMS 90% then nothing.
    Hey guys here's my issue and my own circumstances...
    I have a 3G/16G/3.1 iphone...now i bought this phone off a friend who bought the 3GS now i do not have a data package i just have my regular phone plan with unlimited text and multimedia on my plan...i upgraded to 3.1 and jail broken i downloaded the carrier update im running on AT&T 5.5, Version 3.1(7c144). Now when i send a picture message(which i do have an icon for in my text screen) it goes 90% and then i get a exclamation point and it says "SMS SEND FAILURE...Your message was not sent you can retry in MobileSMS" ive tried sending it Multiple times and still nothing any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0025.png   -img_0026.png   -img_0028.png   -img_0030.png   -img_0027.png  

reboot the phone and i believe you have to be on 3g network not wifi

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You might to call up for them to enable MMS on your plan.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Call AT&T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i cant call them and tell them i have and iphone on my plan cause then wont they make me pay for the iphone add ons?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Do a sim swap with another phone and see if that sticks

I have this same problem on my 3G[S] 3.1 JB. I had MMS working fine on 3.0 with the 5.5 ipcc. After I upgraded to the 3.1 custom ipsw, itunes said there was an updated carrier file available, so I let it install. I checked my settings, and it was 5.5 again. Tried MMS just for kicks, and I get a never ending "Sending..." notice. It never sends, AND it never gives me a send failure notification. I have manually installed the 5.5 ipcc I was using on 3.0 and I have the same results. It makes no sense, as I have the newest firmware, the newest baseband, and the newest ipcc.

Thought I had found a possible fix earlier in a .plist file (can't recall which one at the moment) so I copied it, edited it, and reuploaded it to my phone. Rebooted & there was no changes in MMS. Looked at the plist file again, and apparently the phone automatically changed it back to it's unmodified state.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no dice and i talked to a guy at at&t (off the record) and he said if i mentioned this to anyone who actually cared about working there he said theyd turn around and add **** onto my account cause theyll get commission on it and that they cant do anything