Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any 3g users on $10 data plan ???

Quote Originally Posted by karloz25 View Post
    Nope. I have 3.1 on 3G

3.1.2 Should work just fine... Just install Custom IPCC file to enable Cellular Data Setting... Adjust the APN and you should be set :
    I just did the sim swap called AT&T and now I'm back on my iPhone but it looks like only wifi works?am I missing something here when I try 3g I get not connected to celluar data or something like that I'm on 3.1 edit: what should my settings look like I think that might be it.. Also I don't have any ipcc file what's that all about?
    Last edited by HayWire; 2009-11-01 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    I just did the sim swap called AT&T and now I'm back on my iPhone but it looks like only wifi works?am I missing something here when I try 3g I get not connected to celluar data or something like that I'm on 3.1 edit: what should my settings look like I think that might be it.. Also I don't have any ipcc file what's that all about?
    Install the "non-iphone data plan" ipcc from my tethering tutorial in my sig. That will set your data apns to wap.cingular and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolMan0 View Post
    after googling i have found out that the Visual VoiceMail works through the data plan that you have active and ATT still charges 1.99 to have that feature.

so now that we have our $10 data plan. how can we activate the Visual VoiceMail?

P.S.
    you dont have to install the Stealth 6.0 IPCC
    all you have to do is go to help.benm.at
    look for the generator and add you APN install it and your done. using your iphone on WiFi
    No idea, I was using standard vm for a few days (make sure you have them activate this when you call to switch data plans, or you'll end up with NO voicemail), but I have since switched over to Google Voice for voicemail via conditional call forwarding.. works wonders, and sends me a text with the transcribed message to boot!

I don't think we're going to get vvm working with the non-iphone data plans, as they block all apns but wap.cingular, and vvm requires connecting to acds.voicemail.. that said, I'd love for someone to prove me wrong!
    Last edited by appleguru; 2009-11-04 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    An apple a day...

I installed the file from true. Help.benm seems to work now.other then voicemail but that's no deal breaker. Hello 84$ month bill! The cheapest data she put me on was 15... Is the 10 $ one gone or something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sss
    Last edited by karloz25; 2010-09-28 at 05:46 AM.

Got ya. I love modmyi my days of paying 130 are over! Sweet.

Here's the story. I live in Spain and have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2. My family in the U.S. has the ATT Family Plan. I still have my old American number on that plan, and still have an old Nokia phone to use. My line is an "extra line" for $9.99 that is attached to my dad's iPhone plan.

I want to use the iPhone while I'm there with the old ATT sim card. My phone is jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n/blacksnow.

The question is: Can I just add the $10/month data plan and use the phone? Do I have to use the sinfuliphone app to change the APN? Or do I have to install the custom .ipcc file? If I do have to install the .ipcc file, do I have to restore my phone when I come back to Spain, or can I just change the APN back? If so, how?

Sorry, lots of questions. Thanks a lot,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by percussionoid View Post
    Here's the story. I live in Spain and have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2. My family in the U.S. has the ATT Family Plan. I still have my old American number on that plan, and still have an old Nokia phone to use. My line is an "extra line" for $9.99 that is attached to my dad's iPhone plan.

I want to use the iPhone while I'm there with the old ATT sim card. My phone is jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n/blacksnow.

The question is: Can I just add the $10/month data plan and use the phone? Do I have to use the sinfuliphone app to change the APN? Or do I have to install the custom .ipcc file? If I do have to install the .ipcc file, do I have to restore my phone when I come back to Spain, or can I just change the APN back? If so, how?

Sorry, lots of questions. Thanks a lot,

Michael
    Yes, you can. Just make sure to add the data plan to the line *before* putting the sim in your iphone.

You just need to change the data apn to wap.cingular and you'll be good to go; if you do this with a mobileconfig file, then you can just easily remove it when you come home. Install the "Non-iPhone data plan" one from here: iPhone 3.1.2 Tethering Tutorial
    An apple a day...

oh and for those wondering about tethering with this, i used pdanet the other day on 3.1 and it works fine. fast too. good too because for some reason my laptop wasnt connecting to the panera wifi.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    What's the custom IPCC thing? How many people are using the 10 dollar plan, since I don't mind using this if there's some way I can hide myself or if it's some normal thing everyone does but ATT isn't bothering to catch them.
    Lol! I just had to laugh at that part of your sentence. "since I don't mind using this if there's some way I can hide myself" you sound so devious!
    Last edited by hollow0; 2009-11-30 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is there any speed difference in the 10dollar and 30 dollar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

be careful, the 10 dollar data package is only avail for customers who have the unlimited family texting for 30, some people will put you on the 10 data package, however the system will sweep, and if sees a 10 data package, and no 30 text plan, it will be removed.

as for the switching with iphone-regular phones...lol hate to break it to you, but if for whatever reason you ever have problems with your iphone, or say your phones lost stolen anything like that, att can look at recent calls, texts, and see the imei used for your account. and anytime the imei registered doesnt match the one as the accounts device, they will change it. hah, its one of the first things they do when troubleshooting issues. so dont rely too much on the lower data packages.

question please. i got my wife a new v3 att go phone to replace her old v3 with probblems. i called att and gave them the new v3phone ime number and asked for data plan to be added to familyplan, without text, it was added for 15/month.
    i got data working on v3, then put the same old cingular sim with the new data plan into my old g3 iphone running 3.1.2 with Blackrain jailbreak. the phone keeps saying it does not have data plan or data access. i thought att cannot tell the phone difference from a v3 to the iphone. what is stopping the iphone from accessing data? do i need a mobile config change or something. thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234