Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs mms carrier upgrade error

Default 3gs mms carrier upgrade error
    when I try to upgrade the carrier profile to 5.5 or 6.0 with stealthbravo's file, I get a 0xE800003D error. I'm on a jailbroken 3.0.1 3gs. any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

“iTunes could not update the carrier settings on your iPhone. An unknown error occured (0xE800003D)”

Then SSH to your iPhone and change permissions in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/ folder.

Type this in terminal:

chmod a+rw -R /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/

Is there anyway to do this on the iphone? The only wifi network i can access is protected by mac address so only my computer can get on. I tried creating an ad-hoc wireless network between my computer and phone but couldn't get that to work, I also tried using mobileterminal on my iphone but got an error

'chmod: cannot access `/private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier': No such file or directory exists, and another error like that except Bundle instead of Carrier.
    Do I have to connect it like this or something Carrier_Bundles?

Im having this problem too, any help would be great. The above didn't work for me either. :/

Yeah having trouble myself. Help if you can please.

Quote Originally Posted by FlipJonesy View Post
    Is there anyway to do this on the iphone? The only wifi network i can access is protected by mac address so only my computer can get on. I tried creating an ad-hoc wireless network between my computer and phone but couldn't get that to work, I also tried using mobileterminal on my iphone but got an error

'chmod: cannot access `/private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier': No such file or directory exists, and another error like that except Bundle instead of Carrier.
    Do I have to connect it like this or something Carrier_Bundles?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Check out my MMS thread for further details