Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T 5.5 .ipcc file from itunes

Default Thanks Bravo
    Stealthy I haven't posted in a while but no one else other than you can provoke a Thank you post brother!! Thanks Stealth B I have MMS and teethering, well the option at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ No prob! How have you been bro?

Been good man working tirelessly at least there's a job. Now just waiting on the 3.1 jb for my 3gs but good.
    how have you been?

I used your file on my 3.0 3G phone with great success...

HOWEVER on the 3.0 3GS I am getting please contact ATT as one other user stated above. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    All 6.0 is 5.5 (official one from AT&T) with tethering and cellular data settings menu enabled.
    Greetings

I have a 3Gs on 3.1

I applied your IPCC file (tried both the 6.0 and 5.5.1 rev1)

1) CProgram Files\iTunes>iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    2) start iTunes - connect phone - shift/check for updates
    3) navigate to new ipcc file and click OK
    4) reboot phone

When I look under settings->about - it shows the ATT 6.0 carrier file. When I go to general->network, I do not see any tethering options

Do I need to do a reset settings??

Thanks for your help

@DXE I have not seen anyone post success on 3.1, this was intended to be used with 3.0

I am also reporting back to say the 6.0 "stealth" file posted early WORKED on both 3G and 3GS.

Thanks for your help,
    SUM

Quote Originally Posted by SuMeRiaN View Post
    @DXE I have not seen anyone post success on 3.1, this was intended to be used with 3.0

I am also reporting back to say the 6.0 "stealth" file posted early WORKED on both 3G and 3GS.

Thanks for your help,
    SUM
    Thanks - you should clarify the thread - based on the date of the posting - it looked like this was a 3.1 "fix"

Do you know where my orig ATT file was located on my PC so I can re-install the orig??

This is the 5.5 carrier file. The difference is 2 switches are set to on but in your case 3.1 appears to throw the tether switch back to off. In a search of google I found this link on the ATT Facebook page.

I would do nothing but if you insist.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/29849/ATT_US.ipcc

Im at work and it looks like windows handles this as a zip, you may need to download and remove the .zip extension but I can not confirm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SuMeRiaN For This Useful Post:

dxe (2009-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by SuMeRiaN View Post
    This is the 5.5 carrier file. The difference is 2 switches are set to on but in your case 3.1 appears to throw the tether switch back to off. In a search of google I found this link on the ATT Facebook page.

I would do nothing but if you insist.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/29849/ATT_US.ipcc

Im at work and it looks like windows handles this as a zip, you may need to download and remove the .zip extension but I can not confirm.
    Thanks for your help -

Any word - rumors, etc other then the tidbit on the benm site - as to when tethering might be re-enabled for 3.1??

I believe Bravo said earlier in the thread that 3.1 disables teethering, in other words it won't work with 3.1 fw

i downloaded the ipcc 6.0 butthen i can not open it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Follow the MMS guide in my signature

how do I switch from 3.1.2 to 3.0.1? Just shift+check for update in itunes and select the 3.0.1 firmware?

I want my jailbroken phone back. Tried 3 days to get blackra1n to work to no avail!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123