Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: text from AT&T about MMS

Quote Originally Posted by vtx106 View Post
    Im in memphis tn. and I got the message yesterday. Wondering if I will have to do anything, or will it show up automatically?
    From everything I've gathered there will be a carrier update through iTunes as well as AT&T will "enable" your account on their end by removing an opt-out on all iPhones to "allow" the sending and receipt of MMS.

Some people currently have MMS working and have had for a while. If you haven't seen it I highly suggest checking out StealthBravo's "Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone" its in this section of the forum and it details the methods to make this work.

Some people who had updated their carrier files have all of a sudden just started to be able to send and receive MMS. It seems like AT&T is slowly enabling MMS on their end and everyone will go live on Friday.
    Last edited by nikozen; 2009-09-23 at 02:47 PM. Reason: edited for clarification

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nikozen For This Useful Post:

vtx106 (2009-09-23)

No text in puyallup washington.

I live in Houston, my last name starts with a W and I'm on my own plan (no family plan) with iPhone messaging plan. Also have the 5.1 carrier on my phone and it just started working this morning...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mine's been working for about a week or so and I didn't upgrade the carrier file since I upgraded to 3.1..

I have not changed a thing on mine, do you need to upgrade to 3.1 to get this? I have a hard enough time keeping the battery charged without risking the battery issue with 3.1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It has nothing to do with your firmware version

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Slalomskie (2009-09-23)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Thanks

i live in california and i havent recieved any message yet

I'm in the RDU area of NC, and my MMS has been working since 9/14. I'm using the 4.0 carrier file and configuration settings from help.benm.at. Never did any sort of SIM swap. I've got a JB 3G(s) running 3.0.

Im from central CA and did not get the text. I have 3.1 and the att 5.0 and my phone doesnt even show the lil camera option in the text message screen. My phone is a brand new 3GS and its not unlocked or jailbroken.

Anyone know when I will get the camera icon? Does it come with the update on friday?

Quote Originally Posted by FoN_TiMe View Post
    Anyone know when I will get the camera icon? Does it come with the update on friday?
    I was under the impression that the update to 3.1 was what gave some customers the camera icon and why some were instantly able to send and receive MMS once they upgraded. If the camera isn't there the carrier update, .ipcc file which will be available via iTunes on Friday, will enable that.

Thanks

i got that txt yesterday and right now i was able to send mms lol

I havent gotten one yet.. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    From everything I've gathered there will be a carrier update through iTunes as well as AT&T will "enable" your account on their end by removing an opt-out on all iPhones to "allow" the sending and receipt of MMS.

Some people currently have MMS working and have had for a while. If you haven't seen it I highly suggest checking out StealthBravo's "Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone" its in this section of the forum and it details the methods to make this work.

Some people who had updated their carrier files have all of a sudden just started to be able to send and receive MMS. It seems like AT&T is slowly enabling MMS on their end and everyone will go live on Friday.
    Ok, followed the guide and got my carrier file added, now have the camera in my messages, but wouldnt send. I got the red exclamation mark. Hopefully the 25th I will be good. Thanks for your help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

My MMS start working last night I was sending Pic and Video like crazy.

now that you are all getting this text...havent gotten it in NJ yet, what settings are you using for mms if you put the custom ipcc on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    now that you are all getting this text...havent gotten it in NJ yet, what settings are you using for mms if you put the custom ipcc on your phone?
    I've tried all the ipcc files and am currently using 5.1. I've also thrown at it every combination of settings that I found to try. These are the default 5.1 settings for me.

Still no MMS for me though
    Last edited by nikozen; 2009-09-23 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added in a picture

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

No message in Boston...oh well..

My mms started working today,and i did nothing,oh im in florida broward county.

did u swap sims so you can change the text plan to one thats not an iPhone one?that seems to be the key.

forget about swaping cards or doing crazy things,when the time is right you will get your mms working,its all about att .........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast