Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has there been any report of what going to happen on the 25th?

Default Has there been any report of what going to happen on the 25th?
    Apple / ATT is going update the carrier file OTA / iTune? Seems like a pretty big missing function thats finally going live, but no one is really reporting on it on the news page.

Thanks

Of course there's been reports.. if not then how did you hear about it?
    You mean on MMi?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...unces-mms.html
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I know MMS will finally happen for ATT on the 25th, but is there anything we need to do on our end?

Thanks

You will probably get a text telling you to connect to itunes.
    then it'll probably tell you that there's a carrier update..
    just install that and you should get MMS
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

My question about installing a carrier update. Since they are signed now, is there any possibility that they (apple OR at&t) will refuse to sign it if 3.1 isn't installed? If so, MMS can eat my balls until 3.1 for 3G[s] is jailbroken even though I don't have 3G service and email is slower than molasses in January when I am away from my home wifi.

Thanks

I doubt it.

That's what I am hoping, but based on how apple is treating the 3gs lately it's not hard to expect the worst. Besides, i got my a-list service today, and that is waaaaay cooler than mms

Thanks

a-list?

A list you can get 5 numbers with unlimited calling like tmobiles fav 5 for an individual and for a family you 10 that you all share. indivdual you have to have 59 dollar rate plan or more family 89 or more

I got a text message this morning saying that while:

"...they prepare my account for MMS capability, the current "view my message" experience will be turned off."

Wonder if that means they flipped the switch on my account.

Yea I got that same message this afternoon. I was hoping it meant that they had enabled my account but it doesn't seem to work yet. I'll post a pic in a few showing the entire message.

any idea if I should downgrade back to 5.0 before friday? I would rather get the official 5.1 instead of this tweaked version

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie216 View Post
    Apple / ATT is going update the carrier file OTA / iTune? Seems like a pretty big missing function thats finally going live, but no one is really reporting on it on the news page.
    It's simple: After the updated IPCC file is posted, when an iPhone is plugged in to sync, it will prompt the user that 'An updated Carrier file is available. Would you like to get it?' & it would download this tiny file which simply unlocks this feature, which is already in your iPhones, just locked down not to display itself.

That's all, folks.

Any idea if on the 3.1 patch is there still a tethering feature still there or did they take that away? still using 3.0 with the wideband patch ( think it was called) for MMS and tethering and as of two days ago MMS is working now with my tethering.

I never got that message. two days ago. One of my ex's sent me two text messages telling me to go to that site and then about 30 mins later she sent me another and i actually saw the picture. I tested and sent MMS to some friends and they got the pictures. Wonder why i never got that.
    Last edited by spooneditr; 2009-09-24 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Ok what if we all have the stealth file and we are not still getting MMS. If it is just a flip of a switch tomorrow are we safe still using it. I dont want to lose my tethering.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

When the new one is released tomorrow, I will see if there is a way to keep tethering. They have started signing carrier updates.