Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: extra cost for MMSing?

Default extra cost for MMSing?
    i have 3GS 32GB running on 3.1
    yeah, i can't jailbreak yet
    however, i was successful getting MMS service.
    i've tested to different providers and it worked fine.
    but, my concern is...do AT&T cost you extra for using MMS service?
    I've got unlimited data plan, and unlimited text plan.
    do i need anything else for MMS service for free?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

mms tends to use 2-3 texts worth so hopefully you should be ok. but im not entirely sure
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

No you wont get charged i am an att rep and i use mms and nothing has happened to me or anyone else i know using it.

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    No you wont get charged i am an att rep and i use mms and nothing has happened to me or anyone else i know using it.
    PIG,oh wait does are cops lol...

It has been stated many many times that there will be no additional charges for MMS as long as you have a SMS plan. The only way it should cost any extra to send or recieve them is if you are on a pay as you go text plan. See this directly from the at&t website.

iPhone 3GS Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Will AT&T offer MMS and tethering?
    A. Later this summer, as part of the 3.0 software, AT&T will make multimedia messaging (MMS) available at no extra cost to customers with a text messaging bundle. And, in the future, AT&T will offer tethering capability for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry to tell u this but it seems like att customers r as dumb as att service! Ya dont even know if ya own provider is charging for mms. When! even me not an att customers know the answer for this, and I didnt even have to google u know google.com when ppl need answer or maybe att.com
     Think Different

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

..... that statement was retarded. Sign off and do something constructive.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    sorry to tell u this but it seems like att customers r as dumb as att service! Ya dont even know if ya own provider is charging for mms. When! even me not an att customers know the answer for this, and I didnt even have to google u know google.com when ppl need answer or maybe att.com
    Wow this statement was just horrible. Looks like some of your other posts you could use google for things I already know. See there are some people who know answers to things others don't.

If you have the unlimited text plan I think MMS is included in that. I know it is with the ulimited family text plan, which is what I use. 4 lines on my contract and $30 a month for all to have unlimited text and MMS is great.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-09-22 at 03:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

no my boss at work use to be a regional general mananger over some part of it and just recently left AT&T and now works over me as a manager, MMS has been avaliable for a long time just no one has realized it. He said he's had it for over 8 months. Whether or not he is lying or not, idk.