Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS Working for me!!!

Thanks

Default MMS Working for me!!!
    After updating my iPhone 3G to the 3.1 Firmware i decided to try and test my mms and it actually worked. I tested it by sending a mms to myself and then to my sisters phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

great

yay i got mms working too. but sadly my boss and his friends dont got mms yet.

yeah thats great but if there is no jailbrake for 3.1 i rather not upgrade yet.

mine just started working today as well.. iPhone 3GS 3.0.1

i have the new 3.1 jbed on my 3g and i dont have the camera icon anymore lol

i have 5.0 carrier file too

dono whats up

Thanks

Mine stopped working today, im not sure why. I had mine jailbroken and i was on firmware 3.1, and using ipcc 5.1, im not sure what happen. I hope i get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by supasekziaznboi View Post
    i have the new 3.1 jbed on my 3g and i dont have the camera icon anymore lol

i have 5.0 carrier file too

dono whats up
    maybe its true that fw 3.1 no longer accepts unsigned carrier file. since 5.0 carrier file isnt signed, the new fw 3.1 disabled your mms.

im on 3.1 and my mms works. im using the 5.1 carrier file which has all the settings pre entered in the data section. when i was using the 5.0 carrier the camera icon was there and one day i synced the phone and the camera icon disappeared. i since then have been using the 5.1 and it hasnt left again. i think the key to getting this workin is not being on an iphone data plan. thats where the sim swap comes in for me. put the sim in another phone and make a few calls until the att site sees the other phone. thats what you need to have the option to chose another data plan. ever since i did that it has been working steadily

Thanks

When i had mms on my iphone 3g i had the data plan and i never did a sim swap. I got it after upgrading to 3.1 and then lost it the day after.

do a sim swap. go to the att website and change from the iphone data plan to the regular one , for me it was the unlimited one then swap the sim back. if you are using the 5.1 carrier file it should work after that

Green Apple
    Thanks

It worked for me in Laredo, Texas south of San Antonio but I did the same thing for my friend and it didnt work for him and he's in my same situation (Account Wise) Only one iPhone on the account and I changed it to the Unlimited Messaging. But still he recieves the password and login link to see picutres.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats, my 3G[s] has been working on 3.0.1 for a while, and my girls 3G on 3.0 for a while.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

mms on iphone 3g[s] 3.0 fw.

I can send, but can't receive

Thanks

I can receive, but only send to myself. Sent a mms to my son and he never received it, yet my 3GS said it sent.

Quote Originally Posted by gramirez View Post
    It worked for me in Laredo, Texas south of San Antonio but I did the same thing for my friend and it didnt work for him and he's in my same situation (Account Wise) Only one iPhone on the account and I changed it to the Unlimited Messaging. But still he recieves the password and login link to see picutres.
    what carrier file are you guys using?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mines been working for a couple weeks with Stealths 5.0 file, but i have family messaging unlimited.

How I got mine to work:
    Update carrier file to 5.0
    Add the media unlimited plan for $30 on wireless.att.com
    Reboot phone.
    Remove the media unlimited plan, add iphone text plan.
    Done.