Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I can't see the mms, even on the 5.0 carrier file.

Default I can't see the mms, even on the 5.0 carrier file.
    I followed this guide to put the custom carrier file on the phone:
    How to Enable MMS (picture messaging) on Your iPhone (AT&T) [UPDATED x2] | Apple iPhone School

Everything was working (I still couldn't send mms because my account hasn't gotten the opt out code yet) and I could see the mms icon and i had the ability to try and send it (it would fail obviously). A few hours later after I turned on my phone, the mms was gone. In no place could I select mms (messages, camera, messages setting), the cellular data network settings are still there that allows you to change the mms apn settings (the cellular data and visual voicemail are still there also). Tethering still works also, and I don't know about visual voicemail because I don't even know what that is. I tried reinstalling the carrier file, and no luck. everything was the same. Anybody have any ideas? I know I will not be able to send any, but I would like to be able to check everyday to see if my opt out code is good that would allow me to. Thanks!

I'm running iPhone 3g 3.01 jailbroken| carrier file 5.0
    apn settings all at default (blank)
    Last edited by pn2bade; 2009-09-15 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks

Try downloading a different ipcc file and reboot after updating it.

Does anyone have the ipcc that comes with the 3.1 firmware???????

I need this really bad

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@ jiggyjae- you will get the ipcc with 3.1 firmware if you just go for a little googling.It is not that hard.I am giving you a link below which can help you,but I am not sure about it.
    Download myURLz :: Original Link Hidden and then you choose either the Mac or Windows Files.
    Good luck..
    mod/edit links removed

use the 5.1 carrier file. the same thing happened to me when I had the 5.0 file. one day it was there and he next day it was gone. j have been using the 5.1 and it hasn't left yet.

Settings > General > Reset ALL Settings

This will not delete any data, But all your settings will need to be reset. (icon order, contacts display, EVERYTHING)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compilez View Post
    Settings > General > Reset ALL Settings

This will not delete any data, But all your settings will need to be reset. (icon order, contacts display, EVERYTHING)

I tried that.. but that did not give my MMS back... :S