Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Stealth or anyone else's help...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Need Stealth or anyone else's help...
    So Thursday afternoon I decided to try the AT&T ipcc that Stealth created. I installed it over the previous file I installed. And then my springboard kept crashing when I'd get a new email. I did the whole Network Reset, and Phone settings reset and it still happens. So I removed the Stealth file, and also removed the Ben.m file I had on there, and rebooted, and it would still crash. So now I'm either in safe mode all the time, or I have to check any new emails, hit restart, and then I'm fine until a new email comes in. Then it crashes again.

Anyone have any ideas on why this would happen? I really am worried I will have to upgrade to 3.1 to get out of this problem, and I really don't want to lose my JB, even with Saurik having my info stored on his server.

The only thing I haven't tried is deleting all my mail accounts, and setting them all back up again.

Thanks,
    Plotkin

Have you tried that rock your phone ibricker thing? I can't speak on it's effectiveness, but I have seen it suggested many times in many different places over the past couple days.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No haven't tried. I've tried everything else inclding removing all my mail accounts and reinstalling. Still not helping, and new email I get triggers the respring. So annoying. I'm really thinking I may need to do the upgrade to 3.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds like you need to restore to a fresh phone not a backup. try that before you go with 3.1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have two ipcc files in my MMS thread. Did you try the other one? Very strange that a carrier update would cause this. Did you install any from cydia during this time?

Yeah im with Stealth, the ipcc file doesnt run background processes in any way or modify anything that does....so I highly doubt that would/could cause a springboard crash, IMO.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks, I figured it out. It was Notifier causing the issue. I tried removing all the sound notifications I had in Winterboard for new emails/texts, etc. So that didn't do it. Then I realized I wasn't getting the little notifier on the top of my screen when I got a new email. So I deleted that then reinstalled and sent a email and viola, it's fine again.

So thanks for all the help. Everything is now working properly again. If I could just get the MMS function working, I'd be in HEaven. Guess I just have 12 more days to go.

Actually quick question about the ipcc files, Should I have the help.benm file on the phone as well as this one of these ipcc files in the MMS thread? Or should I just have one or the other?
    Last edited by Plotkin35; 2009-09-13 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

remove help.benm and install the ipcc