View Poll Results: What will at&t do?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maybe, with a good rep.

1 25.00%
  • Hell! no save your breath

3 75.00%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What will AT&T do?

Talking What will AT&T do?
    so guys i know you all heard of sprint's big anonouncement last night, about introducing a simply everything plan with unlimated calling to any number for $70/month. its just shy of revolutionary in my opnion.

i'm planning on calling at&t tonight after work, and see what i can get out of them if i tell them that i'm going to go to sprint unless they can make it worth it for me to stay with them. and i'm taking my 3 lines from their family plan.

i'm register under business customer service and they are usually more helpful than regular customer service.

so what are your thoughts do i have a shot at getting something at least or will they tell me to f/ off.

please vote and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by mawells787; 2009-09-10 at 05:20 PM.

I'm leaning towards them telling you to get lost - basically offering much of nothing. They are pretty arrogant with the iPhone and having it exclusively... Sprint is really trying to steal customers back from smaller networks like CricKet and MetroPCS. It should work because the Pre and Pixi are really nice.. plus they have he Touch Pro 2 and a better network to match. I just want the Pre to have more apps before I call it a day and get an iPod touch + Pre.

Lovely

Not

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They will tell you that you are going to get the Alist plan in a week and a half. No where near the unlimited calling that Sprint is putting out there, but who else lets you keep unused minutes? I have just over 8,000 racked up and don't see the need for unlimited, but I am not in the market that requires it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    I'm leaning towards them telling you to get lost - basically offering much of nothing. They are pretty arrogant with the iPhone and having it exclusively... Sprint is really trying to steal customers back from smaller networks like CricKet and MetroPCS. It should work because the Pre and Pixi are really nice.. plus they have he Touch Pro 2 and a better network to match. I just want the Pre to have more apps before I call it a day and get an iPod touch + Pre.
    A better network? How so? Where Sprint has been around forever and should be the leader in network availability they fall very short of that.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2009-09-10 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    They will tell you that you are going to get the Alist plan in a week and a half. No where near the unlimited calling that Sprint is putting out there, but who else lets you keep unused minutes? I have just over 8,000 racked up and don't see the need for unlimited, but I am not in the market that requires it.

A better network? How so? Where Sprint has been around forever and should be the leader in network availability they fall very short of that.
    Better than AT&T. Verizon is so good because they absorbed Alltel. Who needs roll over when you can tall whenever you want and never go over anything?

- PC World

I don't even bother with coverage maps because they're just estimations.. AT&T and Sprint said I got coverage at my house and up until recently (sprint threw up a tower here along with 4G) that was totally untrue.

And yes I'm speaking totally of 3G network coverage.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 2009-09-10 at 05:40 PM.

Lovely

Not

i think she meant in 3G capacity/reliabilty. and sprint does have a much larger 3G footprint and for the moment more reliable/stable than AT&T.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Better than AT&T. Verizon is so good because they absorbed Alltel. Who needs roll over when you can tall whenever you want and never go over anything?

- PC World

I don't even bother with coverage maps because they're just estimations.. AT&T and Sprint said I got coverage at my house and up until recently (sprint threw up a tower here along with 4G) that was totally untrue.

And yes I'm speaking totally of 3G network coverage.
    Depending on a 3G network is unrealistic with any company. Unless you are dormant and don't move around much.

Sprint's network is way smaller than AT&T:

AT&T Coverage Viewer

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

Depending on a 3G network is unrealistic with any company. Unless you are dormant and don't move around much.

Sprint's network is way smaller than AT&T:

AT&T Coverage Viewer

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage
    If you really take a look.. Sprint has more coverage roaming or on their network and that includes data. AT&T doesn't even have a 3G or roaming coverage map. Just a worthless "data" map which is just the Voice map coverage estimation in blue.

EDIT: Nevermind.. got the map that shows 3G and Roaming instead of the gross estimation of their main maps.

Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 2009-09-10 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lovely

Not