Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help with ATT's iPhone family plan

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I need help with ATT's iPhone family plan
    Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend would like to get a family plan with AT&T and get two, 16gb iPhones (3GS), one for me and the another one for her.

My question is, can I buy them both for $199 each or I can only get one for $199 and the second one full, retail price.

And if you have any recommendations and what to do when getting a family plan with AT&t please let me know.

I have T-Mobile now, and the AT&T would be under my girlfriends name. Also, I now have MyTouch 3G who I thought was really good phone but I completely changed my mind. After having countless amount of smart phones, and having 3 different iPhones before I can tell you that iPhone > ALL.

Thanks

Thanks

I believe you can get both for $199 if you sign for 2 years. I know when we got original iPhones and then 3G's we got the reduced price. Each person is considered separately for upgrade eligibility after signing up as a new user. We have 5 people on our family plan and we all have different upgrade dates. So if you will be switching over from TMobile you start from scratch.

Thanks

Thank you sir.

Another quick question: Me and my GF don't live together. I am away maybe 30 miles away. I live in a somewhat bigger 'flashier' town but she lives far in the suburbs, where's mostly woods around etc. Will this be a problem at all ? because we're not Living together. She sleeps over and stays sometimes for almost a week.

Let me know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bunnywhi7e; 2009-09-10 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

First of all I'm not a sir LOL!

I dont think they need to know if you two are living together or not. You can tell them you are if you need to. All the billing is under a primary account holder's name and info. My mother has a phone on my sister's family plan and they live 30 min. away from each other. One of my son's is away at college and has a 3G on our family plan. If I recall, we originally had 2 lines way back when. As each of the kids got old enough to need/want a phone we added them. Id just tell them you live together.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter where you live as long as the bill is paid...
    UNLESS! you live in an area where you will be roaming for more than 50% of your voice/data usage in which case they can cancel your service.

Other than that you are free roam about the cabin at will

Thanks

well thank you guys...and sorry about the SIR comment bhz1 Im just like that lol. Can't wait to get the iPhone 3GS