Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS, Who's is working?

Default GPS, Who's is working?
    So I wish I knew an exact date when this happened but my GPS has stopped working. I have reset the network settings, tried every combination of settings, (turning off 3g, turning on wifi, resetting warnings) and only get traingulation. I have left my phone in the open for almost 40 minutes with no lock. I get the triangulation pretty close now and then but never the GPS to activate. So my friend gets a brand new 3g on 3.0 firmware last night and bingo her GPS works flawlessly. So I'm just curious if this is possibly an outage or something software/hardware related

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this problem too on the 3G. What I had to do was toggle over to the edge network and then activate the GPS toggle on the Maps, let it find my location, exit Maps, toggle 3G back on and then go back into Maoa and it worked. Odd, but that is what did it for me.

Sorry Maoa should read Maps Typing from my iPhone heh
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2009-09-09 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have also noticed this recently . Before I could punch in directions and just watch my blue dot on my phone and I new
    where I was now it doesn't follow me at all.