Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Woot Woot MMS just became live in my town!

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
    I have tried the various methods outlined throughout the web and somehow the camera icon seems to be outsmarting me...i had it before although i could never get the damned thing to send past the 95% mark but for a while i have not had it and was content to leave it that way but now in light of all the success stories i wanna try it again...any one have any suggestions as to why my icon is missing i am on 5.0 i have the 3.0 software bundle and i am using stealth's IPCC i believe and still no icon.
    **tiny voice** a little help please...lol
    I had this problem. Make sure your settings are correct in the MMSttings area, then give your phone a soft reset until it comes back. Thats what I did the other night, took about two soft resets. Seemed like it wasnt activating it for some reason or another. I have had MMS working since yesterday morning btw.

I had to get ATT to change my iphone text plan to a normal message plan in order for it to work for me.
    It took a little time on the phone but they switch it over.

Atlanta area

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea that works too

Austin, TX working here.

I removed any previous carrier files from benm from my general/profiles section
    rebooted
    Installed stealth's profile
    rebooted
    tested - didn't work (confirmed in console 501 auth error)
    added [email protected] as user, CINGULAR1 as password in cell network settings
    tested - didn't work but no 501 auth error from console in XCode
    Logged into AT&T wireless and added Messaging Unlimited Family to my plan and removed 200 iphone from my wife's and unlimited from my phone
    waited 5 minutes until i got the email confirmation from AT&T
    Sent and received MMS's between our phones and between other phones (both on and off AT&T)

success.

I jailbroke my friends iPhone awhile ago and got him the camera icon but mms wasn't working. Today he text me and tells me now he can send and recieve mms. So we sent eahither a pic and his does works. So mms seems to be working here in Minneapolis.

i logged into my att wireless and was trying to change my iphone message plan to regular message plan. but i don't have an option for regular message plan only iphone message. how have you guys been doing it. thanks

^You have to swap your simcard into another cell phone (not iphone) and let the network update so it doesnt see the iphone. Then you will get normal messaging options.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

you don't sim swap?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm in the Chicagoland area...and I would like to say that MMS is fully functional for me now...even after rebooting my phone over and over and over. When before if I rebooted I'd have to swap my sim to another phone to get it working again. Although I have a friend with Verizon, sent me a pic to test it...didn't get it, same with my dad sending me a pic...yet when he sent me a pic WITH text also, it worked..weird?

great news

Thanks

Now that our mms works, can we work on a tweak that takes off the size limitation on videos being sent through mms. Is it even possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by corradoking View Post
    Im still working in Philly!
    Philly? Damn thats close! haha I have 5.0 installed and some settings that I was toying with installed on 3.0. Did you do anything drastic to get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Now that our mms works, can we work on a tweak that takes off the size limitation on videos being sent through mms. Is it even possible ?
    I havent been able to get it working myself, so Im just throwing it out there; if you go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network and scroll down to the bottom, there is a space for MMS Max Message Size. For some reason, after resetting settings, it just stays at 61440. Not exactly sure what that stands for, but maybe make the number much bigger?
    Last edited by ajl917; 2009-09-13 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

mine works in ny, 5.1 carrier, did sim swap, changed the unlimited iphone text to the regular unlimitd text and now it works. it didnt always work. sometimes id have to repeat the whole sim swap process a few times, now it works pretty consistantly

so i finally got it to work, thanks guys for all the help. all i did was put my sim into my girls phone and then change my message plan. should have done that before..lets see how long it lasts....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    works in gainesville, fl.... without the sim swap... did the mms hack and have family messaging plan

Mine is working perfectly....

works in NYC.... without the sim swap... use Stealths ipcc and have family messaging plan...WOOHOOOOO!!!!!

1g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: touch 8g-2.2.1-Unteathered Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same here in Gainesville... no sim swap needed... and did it to 2 friends phoners who don't have a msg. plan... and it worked....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234