Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is Boston, MA not a major market?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How is Boston, MA not a major market?
    Just curious as I watched the latest AT&T video. In the background when they show "major" markets that are being upgraded, Boston is not shown in the background. Now I'm curious as to how we can't be a major market when we have a new Flagship Apple store, and lines for both the 3G and 3GS were around the corner (more so for the 3G than the GS). We also have 3 other Apple stores within the surrounding area. So how is Boston, not a major market?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Its not in AT&T's eyes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Guess I should move to Cupertino or Atlanta. You would think if they want to compete with Verizon in the Northeast, they would consider Boston a major market and upgrade the towers here. It's a HUGE business and biotech hub. They're trying to attract the business people to the iPhone, but can't upgrade the towers ina major metropolitan?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Did they list all of the major markets?

Maybe they don't have enough of a subscriber base. Is there an issue with 3G coverage or something?

Lovely

Not

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'd say I have more dropped calls say in the last month, than I ever had on my 3G. They always try and say 3 major towers are down in the area. But I'll have full 3G service and talking on the phone standing still then all the sudden the call will fail. :Like I said I've noticed it more on my 3GS than I ever did with my 3G. If T-Mobile wasn't so bad I'd pay the price to switch it over. If Verizon ever goes to GSM I'll be the happiest person.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would recommend getting your SIM card swapped because it may be an issue with the SIM. You can place the SIM into another AT&T phone and try to duplicate the issue. If it doesns't happen it could be hardware related.

** Girll if you are on T-Mobile why are you lurking on the AT&T section of the forum since you claim AT&T is horrible?
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Plotkin35 View Post
    I'd say I have more dropped calls say in the last month, than I ever had on my 3G. They always try and say 3 major towers are down in the area. But I'll have full 3G service and talking on the phone standing still then all the sudden the call will fail. :Like I said I've noticed it more on my 3GS than I ever did with my 3G. If T-Mobile wasn't so bad I'd pay the price to switch it over. If Verizon ever goes to GSM I'll be the happiest person.
    Hahaha I read the same issue about 3 towers being knocked down by a storm in boston.. but that was over 6 months ago.

Lovely

Not