Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: been waiting for mms

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care about 3gs users getting it first. But it comes to the fact of 3g users not getting it there will be a lawsuit. I love False advertisement.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I hope they make it for everyone

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

And if it comes on the 30th of October my girl will use it as our anniversary gift.

Trust me if it doesn't AT&T will have a class action lawsuit waiting
    Last edited by slidingmike; 2009-09-01 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have had it since yesterday!
    go to itunes --> Restore and it will appear, but the catch is, you cant back any of your data up!!
    good luck!!
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Thanks

compir99
    I just got off the phone with AT&T. Effing liars! I switched from Verizon to this crappy network ONLY because of the iPhone and to talk to my girlfriend for free. I called twice because I knew the information they were giving me was wrong.

The 4 reps told me they were waiting on Apple. WTF? I already told them I have the camera icon on my messaging app and I can't send/receive MMS because they have to enable it themselves. I have the latest IPCC on my phone so I have the ability as with all iPhones but just effing AT&T won't enable this simple feature.

IMO AT&T treats customers as mindless drones; did it ever occur to them that they might have a technical person on the other end?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compir99 View Post
    IMO AT&T treats customers as mindless drones; did it ever occur to them that they might have a technical person on the other end?
    I found that if you use big words on the phone it will intimidate the tier1 reps(the not so bright 'first line of defense' reps), and you can get a level 2 associate, they may be able to set your phone for mms.
    -not saying they will, but may be worth a try. You need a better excuse then you want to use it because of your gf tho
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Thanks

^ true dat

I was calling today to see if they'd give me the "Sept 1st" date but I accidentally transferred myself to the iphone support line. I asked the guy if he had any idea of when we'd get it and he pretty much threw AT&T under the bus. Definitely got the impression that they're just as pissed about all of this as we are haha

compir99
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRC1985 View Post
    I found that if you use big words on the phone it will intimidate the tier1 reps(the not so bright 'first line of defense' reps), and you can get a level 2 associate, they may be able to set your phone for mms.
    -not saying they will, but may be worth a try. You need a better excuse then you want to use it because of your gf tho
    I spoke with both the tier two rep and the manager on duty. They both said MMS would be enabled when Apple releases the new "software." Get this, the manager told me the software was 3.01. (Insert a WTF? moment here)

Not just with my gf but I just want MMS enabled like a proper $50 phone I can get from eBay. I want the feature that was promised by AT&T. I have no problem with Apple (except the App Store). I have a problem with my network provider not knowing **** about whats going on.

It appears we (us) on the forums know more about whats going on than AT&T reps. I'm a network admin, if I didn't know my own network, how would that look on me? As a 3GS owner, I feel misled by advertising and the misplaced promises.

Any California class action suits I can join?
    Last edited by compir99; 2009-09-01 at 04:41 AM.

Thanks

Oh don't worry. We know probably more about the iPhone than 80% of the APPLE employees.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Well hi. I am an Att rep in a corp store. Usually we get a date for release like things like this a week or so before it happens via email or on are employee website and we havent got a date on either one. The closest thing we get is sometime in september i would say the best bet to get it is on september 9th when the new ipod launches. And i know what iam doing so i am not just a stupid rep like some of you may have dealt with.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRC1985 View Post
    I have had it since yesterday!
    go to itunes --> Restore and it will appear, but the catch is, you cant back any of your data up!!
    good luck!!

I just did a restore on mine and a unicorn came out of the phone and handed me a moon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thats lucky

Thanks

does restore = acid? lol

Thanks

^let's all get restoring!
    I'm ready to go on a trip.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Stopped in my local AT&T store to talk to them about upgraded my son's phone to a iphone. We talked about what been going on with mms. He told me it being turned on in areas in preparation for the firmware update. In my area its been on for several weeks. This rep is into the iphone big time, talked my wife into geting mine when i asked her to pick up something cheap when they could not fix my razr.

Explains why mine worked when 3.0 first came out then stopped for about a month then started back up a few weeks back. He also said that phones with the 5.0 settings wont work. I switched mine to the 4.5 when it first came out.

I told him how mine still did not send to multi people and had a long pause before sending the mms out. Said he could fix that took my phone in the back came back 10min later and i can now send to muti people and the pause is almost gone. Forgot to ask what he did was I was in a rush to get going.

Did notice i can not access my carrier settings option it's no longer their. Looks like it is coming very soon to both 3g like mine and 3gs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    Stopped in my local AT&T store to talk to them about upgraded my son's phone to a iphone. We talked about what been going on with mms. He told me it being turned on in areas in preparation for the firmware update. In my area its been on for several weeks. This rep is into the iphone big time, talked my wife into geting mine when i asked her to pick up something cheap when they could not fix my razr.

Explains why mine worked when 3.0 first came out then stopped for about a month then started back up a few weeks back. He also said that phones with the 5.0 settings wont work. I switched mine to the 4.5 when it first came out.

I told him how mine still did not send to multi people and had a long pause before sending the mms out. Said he could fix that took my phone in the back came back 10min later and i can now send to muti people and the pause is almost gone. Forgot to ask what he did was I was in a rush to get going.

Did notice i can not access my carrier settings option it's no longer their. Looks like it is coming very soon to both 3g like mine and 3gs.
    SSH into your phone and goto /private/var/mobile/library/Carrierbundles

Grab the Carrierbundles folder and upload

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    SSH into your phone and goto /private/var/mobile/library/Carrierbundles

Grab the Carrierbundles folder and upload
    ^*1...

good thing about night shift is I can constantly check to see if 3.1 is out from 11pm7am tonight lol

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast