Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So where is MMS!?

mms sure makes sending pictures/videos alot easier. the pictures are decent but the videos are bad. Once everyone gets mms. i'm pretty sure people will want to make the iphone send better quality mms

strange. Mine suddenly started working this morning. I haven't done anything. Maybe some people can give it a go and see.

ATT just announced that MMS will be made available Sept: 25 2009. Tethering to come in at a later date.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    ATT just announced that MMS will be made available Sept: 25 2009. Tethering to come in at a later date.
    Where do you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Where do you see this?
    AT&T Media Kit | iPhone 3GS

the wait never ends

damn they werent kidding about the end of summer

Thanks

Yeah, and it looks like i was right.. it is a software upgrade..

Yeah, and it looks like i was right.. it is a software upgrade..
    im almost 100% sure that all u have to do is update the carrier settings to get the camera on ur text. so u might not have to update the software to MMS. it just has to be activated through AT&T.

this is for the 3g amnd 3gs correct?

correct. 2G will be excluded.

Thanks

correct. 2G will be excluded.
    Is it because Edge isnt fast enough? Or because Apple never cared for MMS at the time..? Probably something to do with making more money on their end.

Thanks

2G can support MMS - activatemms2G. It wouldn't be edge since even the crappy non-web enabled phones can still get it.
    Just Apple/AT&T aren't supporting it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

do u think AT&T will try and block it on 2G iphones even with activateMMS2G

Thanks

If it's not activated on their accounts, they won't get MMS. I doubt it'll be activated on their accounts but you never know...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

well theres still hope for the 2G phones tho.. im sure u can download activatemms2G and do the sim swap since the nightly iphone sweep probably wont be so strict

Talking And that is y i still have my 2g
    Is it because Edge isnt fast enough? Or because Apple never cared for MMS at the time..? Probably something to do with making more money on their end.
    I think its all about the money because i still have my 2g and on the 2.0 furn and i get mms withe the voice rec, and u can use a pic or take a pic. And ive been doing all of this with swirly

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously.. The main reason everyone updated to 3.0 was for MMS. I don't understand why the rest of the world has it, but we have to wait. They said "end of summer" when 3.0 came out. Summer is basically done how much longer do we have to wait? Is it even necessary for us to have to wait? What was the reason for wait?

I'm so fed up with this BS. Simple features that normal phones have we still DON'T. How many iPhones is it going to take to have the standard features ALL phone's have had for the past like 8 years now? They finally put a camera/video on the 3RD iPhone, but there is no flash or light for it. Making it completely useless at night.

Its stupid, embarrassing, and just doesn't make sense.

When they do decide to release the MMS feature, its going to be an update. Which means there goes the JailBreak, again..

Sorry for the rant, but i had to vent off.. :
    Yeah I hear ATT is full of crap. I get mms... meh big deal. I cant send videos... cuz Apple wont give us VIDEO on the 3G!..

I totally agree, why should we have to wait for features that have been in existance for more than 8 years? Im talking about Apple and ATT. I dont get what the problem is.

Apple basically just gives you a taste of things to come, or something totally different just to temporaraly get your mind off of what you originally wanted. haha! I found their secret!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234