Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G dropped, kinda..

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

I just dropped to 3.0 not worth the hassle will wait until official oh n talked to a rep about mms he said very likely will be on with release of 3.1

I'm having this same problem with my phone.

On OS 3.1 beta 3, so not jailbroken. Had issues last night when the previous beta ran out, so I tried to roll back to 3.0 and couldn't get that to work, had to use iRcovery to get it out of the restore mode loop, and finally just got unlazy and got the new ipsw and updated to the new beta and now 3G data is funky its up then down then up then down. Calls still work, as does SMS, but no good on Safari, or Apps Store, or iTunes or anything else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

im suspecting that its a pair of network usernames/passwords that are programmed into the ipcc 5.0 file.

ironic that we end up doing it to ourselves (referring to the people who have (or tried ) to get MMS through the att 5.0 file
    If i helped you, clicking thanks would be nice

Thanks

If that is the case then it's got to be on 3.0.1 and higher because I'm using 5.0 on 3.0 no issues. I've looked at the ipcc file and nothing seems out of place or really any different from other ipcc files.

Thanks

damn.. idk what to do. my 3G is going better, but fails more than it should. i think its a confliction between 3.0.1 and out ATT 5.0

Little update. Called AT&T today and they push out an OTA to me, and that fixed it for a bit, but then it started happening to me again, unfortunately after the support center was closed. I have no idea what the problem is. Only thing they told me was three towers were down in the Vegas area and had been for the past couple of days. Anything I should tell them when I call tomorrow, or perhaps a different number than 1-800-331-0500 number?

So I'm not alone!!
    My area just recently acquired 3G service, and I was LOVING it, having dialup as the only option up here [DSL should be comming soon... ]
    So I used that for internet alot. Well more of the things I really needed it for. Every once in a while 3G would die and switch to edge. Putting the phone in airplane mode for a few minutes, then taking it off 3G would be back in full force.
    Well, a while ago, probably about a month or two ago, 3G is basically nonexistent. With the switch on I'm very lucky to get 3G service for 30 seconds. If I keep the switch off for about 3-4 hours and turn it back on, I can get on 3G for about 5 minutes.
    I've tried using 3.0 with and without jailbreak, and get nothing. Same with the ipcc files.
    Drive up the road, and service works fine.
    I might have to try calling them again; this time asking for an OTA. I'll see what happens.
    EPIK PHAIL!!!!

Another small update, AT&T says there is an outage in Nevada affecting 3G data, dunno when it'll be up.

My issue is now half-solved... I know why its happening... but not when it will be fixed.

Thanks

@BecomingxInsane

whoa... your upload is faster than your download....

epic..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm in Downtown LA and I've been having serious issues with my 3G connection the last few days/week. AT&T said they were working on an issue when I talked to them yesterday, but nothing has changed. This is very, very frustrating.

Thanks

when i called they said that there were *network* prblms in those areas.

so its on ATTs side, not yours...

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Justin did you ever get it to work jailbroken on 3.0.1?

I just lost my 3g service not too long ago, anyone know what's up?
    I just JBed my phone it is still on the 3.0 FW, but the 3g was still working after that though, it just stopped maybe an hour ago?

Thanks

ya i did. im using jailbroken 3.0.1 with 3G no prblms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123