Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak a sealed in box 3gs

Default Jailbreak a sealed in box 3gs
    I bought a sealed in box 32gb 3gs. When I connect to itunes, it display a seller number and ask me to input zip code and last 4 digits SSN in order to continue. I don't know these info except seller, but could not contact him. How can I go to the next step that has the Restore button?

Try and get the iPhone to turn on, then jailbreak from there. Simply close iTunes.

Thanks

Did you enter your own info and see if that works? His zip should be easy where did he ship from? His last four, goodluck. Let us know how you get this worked out.

you should be able to put it in DFU mode and restore right from there

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Did you enter your own info and see if that works? His zip should be easy where did he ship from? His last four, goodluck. Let us know how you get this worked out.
    I could not get last 4 SSN. If I input any 4, it does not let me go to next step. If I cannot go to next step, I cannot see the restore button to press Shift+restore
    Only now on the itunes screen is the seller phone number. I am sure if I got his zip code and 4 last SSN, I can activate the phone, but the seller will pay $30 for data plan and his current sim card will be disconnected
    Last edited by woom; 2009-07-27 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woom View Post
    I could not get last 4 SSN. If I input any 4, it does not let me go to next step. If I cannot go to next step, I cannot see the restore button to press Shift+restore
    Only now on the itunes screen is the seller phone number. I am sure if I got his zip code and 4 last SSN, I can activate the phone, but the seller will pay $30 for data plan and his current sim card will be disconnected

Att came with that, since lot of folks use to activate the iphone with another ATT sim, it work for a while, but now is getting harder to do so.

Sealed iphones are tricky, I had people coming to my place with iphone's that some has switch backplates or has a good china clone. Contack the seller and return it! because he would not give this info to no-one! like some one said, jailbreak it or force a restore with a custome IPWS that has the activation crack!

and good luck