Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Offered the iPhone data plan option wi/ ATT

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Offered the iPhone data plan option wi/ ATT
    I jumped in a swimming pool last week with my iPhone so I have been using a friends blackberry until I got mine replaced. To use the data plan and make it work correctly, I had to switch my plan to the Blackberry plan. When I got my replacement iPhone, I called ATT to switch it back. After the lady asked for the IMEM number, she asked if I wanted the $30/month data plan with my iPhone minute plan.

First time I have been asked this. Anyone looking to drop their data may have a way now.

When you had an accident or loose your phone, they don't seem to recognize your cell, or if you had a sim with another plan. but a little while after they'll catch up to you due to your IMEI/ESN especially if the phone is registered to ATT, Why do you think is so hard to have the IMEI sim Unlocked?

Apple nor ATT wont let you!

It migh work for a while, but they will catch up! it happened to my brother's phone! we had to shoe that the phone was an import!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well that is what got me.

I gave the guy when I broke my phone and took my SIM out and put it into the blackberry the IMEI number and he changed it to the blackberry plan and then when I went back to the iPhone and used the SIM, the lady asked for the IMEI number for that one. I am wondering if the screen that they look at has the option for them to not add a data plan. That would be pretty nice if you are looking to save money.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Well that is what got me.

I gave the guy when I broke my phone and took my SIM out and put it into the blackberry the IMEI number and he changed it to the blackberry plan and then when I went back to the iPhone and used the SIM, the lady asked for the IMEI number for that one. I am wondering if the screen that they look at has the option for them to not add a data plan. That would be pretty nice if you are looking to save money.
    CS reps aren't allowed to remove the iPhone data plan while one's still using the iPhone (so your SIM has to be in a non-iPhone to do this)... they apparently are also reprimanded if they disobey this policy.

AT&T has an auditing system that also looks for iPhone without a compatible data plan (even those without a data plan whatsoever) and sends emails and SMS to those users. If you use a 3G[S] without the plan, you will eventually get messaged about it.

Finally, AT&T's Terms of Service states that anyone found using an iPhone without the data plan implicitly consents to have their account features changed to include the iPhone data plan. CAVEAT LECTOR: This is something you should keep in mind (AT&T's rules, if you don't play by them... they can 'take you out' of their system).

So, like gordo said, it may work fine for now but it's not guaranteed to work forever.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave