Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: July 17th MMS Info?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Default July 17th MMS Info?!
    I'm currently typing this while i'm on the phone with a tech at AT&T once again like i posted in another topic, That the AT&T Techs have had no training on possible problems with MMS or have any information on an exact release date on MMS. They do know that MMS has been enabled by Apple (Duh that was in the 3.0 Update) And now i'm in a soft hold but anyways She's doing some research talking to tier 2 apple support (Amazing huh?) but anyways she said that the possible MMS and Tethering Carrier Release very well might be with the 3.1 Firmware release. Hang on.... Shes saying late summer as in september. So take this as you may i have 2 hours until i work so if you have any numbers other than AT&T you want me to call I will right now.

Who wants to wait till september, been sending mms a few days after 3.0 was released.... whenever it stops, i just do a sim swap, go to MYMEDIANET and am back to square 1 (sending and receiving mms), so i dont care wat apple and at&t are up to, they could do watever makes em happy, am good... i'll suggest u do d same yo

Thanks

Sucks for people like us though, the trick don't stick on the 3Gs. Last maybe an hour

It's lasted for about a month for me on my 3gs...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

2:26 am July 17th on the East Coast.

No mms :P

Thanks

Mine has been working no problem since October/ November 2008 (swirly of course pre3.0) never had an issue since I got it working. I just put sim in a mms compatible phone called AT&T told them iPhone went for a swim, they changed my plan from iPhone packages to medianet/messaging unlimited. (knocked like $30 of bill too)Sent 1 mms with that phone, then put sim back in iPhone worked no problems then or now.

How has your phone passed the automated checks to see if you're on an iphone or not?

I'm 50% sure that AT&T will have support for MMS in the 3.1 update only, despite their ability to just release a carrier update. I've extracted the AT&T carrier bundles (like the IPCC hack here on the forum) from iPhone 3G 3.1 Beta 1 (AT&T 4.2) and iPhone 2G 3.1 Beta 2 (AT&T 4.5) and they both have special tags that require them to be used with 3.1.
    Last edited by zwaldowski; 2009-07-17 at 03:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats what i was figuring with that being said i'm sure July 17th was more of a possible os update to 3.1 instead of just a carrier update. But its now 10:14 on the east coast, no update for me.

and imirish02, good question thats what i want to know. Because i figure if thats what they caught you doing your going to get that flag crap and screw you over. Which is not what i want.

sorry for double posting.
    Last edited by slidingmike; 2009-07-17 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i've been MMSing on my 2g since a couple of days after the 3.0 update. no problems since

Working on my 3gs. Updated .ipcc to At&t 5.0. Sim swapped to gophone handset. Made a few calls then went to OLAM and switched from iPhone text plan to regular. Never messed with medianet at all. Been working ever since, with the phone's native app to boot!

Thanks

Never ran across these checks u speak of. I have been told by customer care that I may see data charges using my iPhone on a medianet account. I average 3-5 gig of data a month n haven't seen ne charges.