Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question for all you AT&T PROS!

Default Question for all you AT&T PROS!
    Hey guys. I am interested in obtaining a 3GS phone somehow. I see the 16GB are only $199 when you open up a new plan with AT&T. So my question is what are my options if I do open an account with them and get the 3GS for $200. I heard you have 30 days to cancel your service. Does that mean if I cancel before the 30 days I wont be charged any extra fees, but I will have to give my Iphone back? Or do I get to keep the Iphone?

Or say I cancelled after the 30 days. Do I then get to keep the Iphone 3GS but have to may a cancellation fee? If so how much is the fee? Sorry for all the questions. I am just trying to find the cheapest way to obtain a 3GS and I am willing to set up an account and cancel it if thats the way to do it. I am just not sure if I would have to wait 30 days and cancel it or not. Thanks guys!

if you do it with in the 30th day, and do not paid a cancellation feed they might ask for it back! I would do this, between the 31 and 34th forth day right when i get the first bill just cancel it.

450.00+

retail price, when ever ATT feels like is about 599.00 to 650.00

Not bad! the only ****! is that you might get flag like happened to my cousin! (he can't get no iphones with in 18 months)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-07-11)

I would prefer to just cancel the contract 10 days after i signed up for it rather then wait for the 30 days... but I wouldn't want them to take back the phone. I was hoping I could just pay for the phone and cancellation fee and call it good.

They will ask for it back! or they might report your account to the credit Dept. (ATT will Flag you to other companys and it would **** up your credit) You need to wait at least 31-32 days, and Paid up the fees so you could keep the unit!

I;m in the phone business in New York, 70% of the population can't have a phone with a Deposit on certain models' People have **** their credit up, for doing some stupid **** and un-paid bills!

I could sell more pre-paid recharge cards, than having a new monthly set up! With T-mobile and ATT my daily sales of pre-paid minutes is an average of 750.00 a day

I mean, you are free to try it! but if I were you just Wait! and now with the New Crap about T-mobile knowing that you have an iphone! I rather unlocked an stay with ATT, get me a regular 3G phone with media net!

and if you do get it! do not activate it with the sim it came with it! use another ATT sim or even a 10.00 pre-paid one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

okay i did this back last year and at&t had a loop hole that the sales representative even found, don't ask me what it is i couldn't tell you but i had just got my first bill and was looking at the charges and was pissed off, anyways i called and was going to cancel and i talked to the guy and he was like well be cause your close to your first month being up I'll just waive the cancellation fee.

I didn't pay the fee and kept the phone. But like i said that was last year att has updated their TOS

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang gordo you get excited (!) <--

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    They will ask for it back! or they might report your account to the credit Dept. (ATT will Flag you to other companys and it would **** up your credit) You need to wait at least 31-32 days, and Paid up the fees so you could keep the unit!

I;m in the phone business in New York, 70% of the population can't have a phone with a Deposit on certain models' People have **** their credit up, for doing some stupid **** and un-paid bills!

I could sell more pre-paid recharge cards, than having a new monthly set up! With T-mobile and ATT my daily sales of pre-paid minutes is an average of 750.00 a day

I mean, you are free to try it! but if I were you just Wait! and now with the New Crap about T-mobile knowing that you have an iphone! I rather unlocked an stay with ATT, get me a regular 3G phone with media net!

and if you do get it! do not activate it with the sim it came with it! use another ATT sim or even a 10.00 pre-paid one!
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken