Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got MMS working on my 3Gs....for now ;)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DJ420a's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Got MMS working on my 3Gs....for now ;)
    So Ive been busting my brain for the past 2 days on how to achieve this. Everything I tried was unsuccessful.

Then just for the hell of it, I popped my SIM into my wifes Pantech Matrix, sent a few pics through her phone. I then put the SIM back into my 3Gs and it works lol.

So far its been working for an hour, I'll keep you guys updated.

If anyone wants setting or anything, just ask, I'll be more than glad to help

So is the mms works on iphone 3gs ??? on at & t network if yes please explain how to make it work please thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It wont last more than 6-10 hours or until you reboot your phone. Check out the 5 other threads about MMS and sim swapping. Hope it works for you tho

Thanks

No news here

Thanks

^ +1 yep

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    So is the mms works on iphone 3gs ??? on at & t network if yes please explain how to make it work please thanks
    Do as I said above, then in cellular data under Networks, put these settings in..

Cellular Data
    APN wap.cingular
    Username blank
    Password blank

Visual Voicemail

same as Cellular data

MMS
    APN wap.cingular
    Username blank
    password blank
    MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy 066.209.011.032
    MMS Max Message Size 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

I'll follow up tomorrow and let you guys know what happens

SMALL UPDATE>> I did reboot and still sends and receives
    Last edited by DJ420a; 2009-07-08 at 06:49 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ420a For This Useful Post:

oo3 (2009-07-08)

seems simple.. ill try it if it still works for him tomorrow

yea but if u have the iphone text plan then thats whats stopping u from sending pics because they block the feature, so u shouldnt have been able to send pix text unless u have the regular text plan because ur wife doesnt have an iphone (assuming u have a family plan)

so with us on single iphone lines with the iphone text package, it might not work as easy as that for us if we pop our sims into another phone.

but still let us kno how it works out tomorrow, maybe ur one of the lucky ones that got their iphone MMS before everyone else lol
    Last edited by tonester1; 2009-07-08 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ420a View Post

Hopefully it sticks for ya. But many of us have been messing with MMS, 3.0 and AT&T for several months now and have tried everything

Only way to keep it long term is to have AT&T provision it for you, which at the moment is very tough

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried using all of these settings and it never sends. I installed the MMS settings from the sinfuliphone repo.

It shows everything but it gets the red explanation point next to it after a minute of trying to send.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Thanks

I dotn see what the diff is, we all have the same phones!!! Did you put your SIM in another phone and try to send a few pics?

Well, its 11:24am EST and the phone is still MMSing. I did a few reboots this morning from DL'ing themes through Cydia.

Thanks

I didn't put my SIM card in another phone... I did recently, but I am at work right now. Whenever I put my SIM card in my mom's phone for a bit and put it back in my phone after sending picture messages and making phone calls, the MMS never showed up on the iPhone doing that. So then I jailbroke it and installed those settings and now it just fails to send every time.

I have the 3GS with AT&T
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrabYourWeapons View Post
    I didn't put my SIM card in another phone... I did recently, but I am at work right now. Whenever I put my SIM card in my mom's phone for a bit and put it back in my phone after sending picture messages and making phone calls, the MMS never showed up on the iPhone doing that. So then I jailbroke it and installed those settings and now it just fails to send every time.

I have the 3GS with AT&T
    What I did when my SIM was in my wifes phone, was sent a few MMS's too my number, so they would bounce back too me, meaning still my wifes phone but my SIM. Once I received the MMS's I then powered down her phone and reinstalled it in my 3Gs.

Make sure have the settings right as well.

Its now 12:30pm and everything still works great. I even did a video MMS.

Thanks

I've checked all of my settings and everything seems right. Guess I'll just wait. Doesn't matter to me really, just wanted to try it out.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Do as I said above, then in cellular data under Networks, put these settings in..

Cellular Data
    APN wap.cingular
    Username blank
    Password blank

Visual Voicemail

same as Cellular data

MMS
    APN wap.cingular
    Username blank
    password blank
    MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy 066.209.011.032
    MMS Max Message Size 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

I'll follow up tomorrow and let you guys know what happens

Mine stopped working yesterday, but I tried the above settings and now it works again! I didn't remove my sim card or anything, just changed the settings, reboot and tested. Very cool.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

jchhiminey (2009-08-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Mine stopped working yesterday, but I tried the above settings and now it works again! I didn't remove my sim card or anything, just changed the settings, reboot and tested. Very cool.
    Sweeeet, good job.

Its 7:17pm and everything is still working fine

This is so weird. I've had to restore my phone, and now I get the 90%-freeze-then-fail every time no matter what. Using Stealth's IPCC and any combination, I still get the failure... I have an iPhone 3G, bought unauthorized, with no AT&T iPhone Data or iPhone Text Plan. Just regular AT&T Unlimited MediaNET and limited text. However, my iPhone does activate on its own (and did when I restored it today).

DJ, are you jailbroken? Can you send me your /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle? Take a screenshot of your Settings.app > General > Network > Cellular Data Network, maybe?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    This is so weird. I've had to restore my phone, and now I get the 90%-freeze-then-fail every time no matter what. Using Stealth's IPCC and any combination, I still get the failure... I have an iPhone 3G, bought unauthorized, with no AT&T iPhone Data or iPhone Text Plan. Just regular AT&T Unlimited MediaNET and limited text. However, my iPhone does activate on its own (and did when I restored it today).

DJ, are you jailbroken? Can you send me your /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle? Take a screenshot of your Settings.app > General > Network > Cellular Data Network, maybe?
    I am jailbroken with RedSn0w. My carrier settings are a few posts before this one. Unfortunately, I dont know how to take a screen shot of my settings lol

I understand the carrier settings (I'm using yours); I mean the bundle... the .ipcc or your /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle folder.

P.S. (although it's not important), you can take a screenshot anywhere in iPhone OS by pressing both the home button and lock button at the same time and letting go. A Mac-like flash will fade the screen to normal from white, and the picture will be in your camera roll as if you took it using the phone's camera.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    I understand the carrier settings (I'm using yours); I mean the bundle... the .ipcc or your /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle folder.

P.S. (although it's not important), you can take a screenshot anywhere in iPhone OS by pressing both the home button and lock button at the same time and letting go. A Mac-like flash will fade the screen to normal from white, and the picture will be in your camera roll as if you took it using the phone's camera.
    I hate to sound like a noob lol but I'll be honest and tell you theres alot I dont know lol.

Anyways, I looked under Cellular data and it has nothing under their talking about the .ipcc. Only thing I can see, is under "about" my carrier is 4.0, which Ive been really trying to learn how to turn that to 5.0.

Ok, I dont know if this is right or not, but I went through i-Funbox and went through the folders you listed above. In the pic below is what was under AT&T Carrier bundle.

If its not what your looking for, I may need a walk through lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -003.jpg  

I am jailbroken with RedSn0w. My carrier settings are a few posts before this one. Unfortunately, I dont know how to take a screen shot of my settings lol
    Hold the power button the press the home button. What you can do is take two pics, top and bottom, then merge them together with photoshop or paint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast