Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got MMS working on my 3Gs....for now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ420a View Post
    I hate to sound like a noob lol but I'll be honest and tell you theres alot I dont know lol.

Anyways, I looked under Cellular data and it has nothing under their talking about the .ipcc. Only thing I can see, is under "about" my carrier is 4.0, which Ive been really trying to learn how to turn that to 5.0.

Ok, I dont know if this is right or not, but I went through i-Funbox and went through the folders you listed above. In the pic below is what was under AT&T Carrier bundle.

If its not what your looking for, I may need a walk through lol.
    It's fine, I had to kludge through this on my own once.

Don't worry about turning your carrier from 4.0 to 5.0, if it works... 4.0 is supposedly AT&T official, whereas 5.0 is the modded one we use here. If you wouldn't mind, use i-Funbox to go up one folder (not in English.lproj, just ATT_US.bundle) and grab the Info.plist and carrier.plist. Than attach them when you post a reply. No pressure, though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DJ420a's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this what your lookin for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -004.jpg  

Yup! Just hit Info.plist and then the Copy to PC button on the toolbar up top. Do the same with carrier.plist. Find where you save them and upload them here. This looks good, you have a previous one backed up. :-D

Hmm... about that ".bak"... did you install APN Carrier Editing from Cydia?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    Yup! Just hit Info.plist and then the Copy to PC button on the toolbar up top. Do the same with carrier.plist. Find where you save them and upload them here. This looks good, you have a previous one backed up. :-D

Hmm... about that ".bak"... did you install APN Carrier Editing from Cydia?
    Yes I did, is that bad? lol If I have a back up, its on accident.

This might have went faster if I got my 6 year old daughter to do it. lol

I try to upload it on too here and this is what I get. Can I change the file type from .plist to something else to get it on here?

Upload Errors
    carrier.plist:
    Invalid File
    Info.plist:
    Invalid File

Sorry

Can I email it too you?
    Last edited by DJ420a; 2009-07-09 at 09:03 PM.

Wait, are you sure you installed APN Carrier Editing from Cydia? In the BigBoss repo? 'Cause it isn't supposed to work on 3.0, and doesn't enable any kind of editing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    Wait, are you sure you installed APN Carrier Editing from Cydia? In the BigBoss repo? 'Cause it isn't supposed to work on 3.0, and doesn't enable any kind of editing.
    Im sorry, I just checked and I guess I was think it was on this phone, when really its on my 2G.

My bad lol

I do have something called "MMS & Tethering Settings" from SiNfuL Repo installed.

I cant make the MMS setting to appear in the Cellular Network Setting... So no MMS.
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Alright bud, DO NOT SPAM YOUR SITE HERE! - SB
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-07-12 at 01:13 AM. Reason: SPAM

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on 5.0 and had mine stop working with the settings I had so I popped these into mine and voilą! works like a champ

Default iphone 3g
    Can this be done with the Iphone 3g? I went to network in my settings and I could not find anywhere to place those settings at.

I dont see any option called "Cellular data network" under network...or anywhere else.

I have installed the 5.0 ipcc

What gives?

just wanna put it out there.. i put my sim card into my friends blackberry.. i couldnt send pics or receive them in his pghone..but a couple hours later i tested my phone (iphone) and i was sending pictures all night..

EDIT: stopped working now lol
    Last edited by tonester1; 2009-07-14 at 12:49 AM.

Added these settings and I can actually send MMS!!! KIND OF..........

Sent one to my wife's iphone, never arrived, but DID send from my phone????

Any Ideas anyone?? Where did it go??

Thanks

I wish I could help you, but I really dont know anything past the settings I have lol.

Everything is still working perfect since I started this thread. Acts like its suppose to be there.

Well the mms's that were sent back and forth from my phone and my wife's phone never appeard and are lost in a cyber blackhole.

BUT...... weirdest thing, I sent one to a NON iphone and she got the MMS, but it came from a COMPLETELY different number than mine??!??! Different area code and everything. weird!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12