Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS+NoDataPlan = NoVoiceMail?

Default 3GS+NoDataPlan = NoVoiceMail?
    Hello,

I just got the 3GS off eBay and put my AT&T SIM inside. I do not have the data plan and voicemail does not work. Does anyone know how to set it up? It tells me to call AT&T, but I don't want them to add on the dataplan.

Thank you

Thanks

Log into your AT&T account online and change your phone to an iPhone 3GS. after doing so, it should allow you to change your features and add the iPhone data unlimited plan and text plan as well. Good luck.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hai1242 View Post
    Hello,

I just got the 3GS off eBay and put my AT&T SIM inside. I do not have the data plan and voicemail does not work. Does anyone know how to set it up? It tells me to call AT&T, but I don't want them to add on the dataplan.

Thank you

Visual Voicemail isn't going to work without a data plan. You are gonna have to try and set up a regular voicemail box. Call your number, hit # and then enter your password. If you haven't set one, then your pw is either 9999 or 1111. After that, follow the instructions. If it doesn't work from the iPhone, swap your SIM and try in different phone.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Hello,

I tried calling my phone (with my own phone and with another phone) and I also tried dialing 1 to get to my voicemail. It gives me an error and asks me to contact AT&T. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Default simple vm fix
    1. If your the account holder call ATT if you are NOT the account holder you will need the last 4 digits of the account holders SSI number.

2. Call att from your phone 611 simple. tell them that your VM is not working and it needs to be re-set.

thats it.

Thank you I will try that. I am afraid they will turn on a dataplan, but I can not live without voicemail. Thank you all again!