Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: switching from 2g to 3g advice please

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default switching from 2g to 3g advice please
    i was thinking about this...
    i am a current iPhone customer and have an iphone data plan(which i dont need)

i currently have a 2g and i was thinking of turing the iphone plan off and then restoring it and using redsnow to unlock it and then using sbsettings to turn off the edge network.....and only using safari and stuff when im in a wifi....

but also my friend got the new 3GS and said i could have his 3G but i told him i would let him know b/c im not gonna pay more per month for it...

so if i jailbroke the 3G and then ran ultrasnow to unlock it and used sbsettings to turn off edge and 3g would i be good to go? or would i get charges even tho im not using there network?

any info would be appreciated..
    Thank you
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Well, ATT would still know your using an iphone. So they could force the data plan on your account.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2009-06-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Well, ATT would still know your using an iphone. So they could force the data plan on your account.
    thanks for your reply

thats what i was wondering...

if they "could force" a data plan...

b/c im not in contract and i was wondering how they could get away with making me take a plan i dont want ....as long as im not using there data network...

i guess ill try and see what happens..if anyone else has done this or has had a data plan forced on them when you werent using there network ..please let me know

Its the fine print....like having a blackberry....

The data plan is required. If they sweep the account and notice then well....boo. I seen people get away with it for awhile and Ive seen people get caught quick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2009-06-27)

Thanks

Thank you for the info i appreciate it

i had a blackberry before the iphone without the blackberry plan...they said that if i used the internet than i would be charged and i told them no problem im not using it....and i never had a problem...but there prolly a little tougher on the iPhone users....