Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just venting about APPLE and AT&T

Default Just venting about APPLE and AT&T
    I am currently on AT&T and my iPhone's LCD is popping out on the top left corner I can push it back down put it just popps right back out. When I called AT&T they put me threw to Apple and Apple wanted to put a hold of $500 on my credit card then send me a replacment iPhone, then when they get the replacement back they would release the funds, or I could drive 120 miles to the nearest iPhone service center and get it fixed. I have had this iPhone since March, I have never had so much trouble getting ANY phone replaced or repaired. I am very precise with this phone never dropped, always clean, never left in the heat, nothing! I understand they have policies to follow but AT&T needs to step up and take care of these issue themselves, when the phone is less then 3 months old!
    Aren't there something about if the iphone is lost or stolen you pay $100 bucks to get a new one, or something like that?
    Thanks in advance

Yeah that sounds like some crap. Seriously! 500 dollars. Ridiculous. How about AT&T charging more for an Iphone data plan and Iphone txt msging. Can you say retarded. The same goes for BB's, T-mobile's sidekick, and any other phone they make you pay extra for having a specific phone. We're all using the same damn network. Why do I have to pay more to get on the same internet everyone else is. Can you say oppurtunistic assholes capitalizing on canned air. LOL. This guy does it with an LG Xenon and this dude does it with an Iphone. One has to pay more. Why? The only thing you're paying for is exclusivity. And if you think about it.....you're not even paying for that because any idiot with $300 and enough money to pay the ridiculous monthly fees can get their hands on one. The AT&T and Iphone relationship needs to end Period

They dont offer anything for lost or stolen.

And Apple is one of the absolute easiest company's to get warranty work from. If your able to go into an Apple store they are by far the easiest to deal with.....really excellent service.

The only problem is like me where I live 120 miles away from a service center. I agree the whole AT&T and Apple partnership should end! I wouldnt mind the $500 but I havent even had this phone for 3 months!

I understand it sux....the only reason they dump the $500 deposit on you is because they send you the "rental" phone FIRST.

So if you keep it and dont send your phone back to them....they dont wanna be out a phone

i understand that but there has to be a line somewhere. i have been with at&t for 7 yrs and never had a problem. if at&t would just step up and take care of things when the 90 day mark isnt up yet

Your getting mad because Apple is the ONLY company willing to send you a "rental" phone while they look at yours.

Also, AT&T isnt going to say anything to Apple about it........part of their agreement together says that Apple has full control over warranty issues with the phone.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-06-26 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It does suck that ATT won't take it but Apple was very strict of the control they would have on the phone. That is why they are with ATT, because in the start no cell company wanted Apple to have that much control. Except ATT finally agreed to allow them to have control. Look at all the other phones, they are filled with bloatware from the cell providers and has some blocked services like gps. So somewhat we can thank ATT for doing this because the other cell companies already turned them down or who know Apple may have just came in and bought a network lol.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-06-26 at 04:31 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So don't you have another phone laying around that you can use while you send off your iPhone? That way they don't have to charge you anything.

Apple is cool and all, but the whole Apple Store concept is redundant. There will never be enough of them around. The closest one to me is either in Atlanta or Birmingham...way to far away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Apple is cool and all, but the whole Apple Store concept is redundant. There will never be enough of them around. The closest one to me is either in Atlanta or Birmingham...way to far away.
    I have 2 of them very close to me. Well not super close but not a dread distance away. One in the Mall of America and another in a smaller mall on the northern side of the twin cities.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple actually doesn't send you a "rental" phone anymore. They just send you a replacement phone, when they get your phone in they take the hold off. It's just so they don't send out an iPhone and then not get an iPhone in return. Even if you pay the $199 for the replacement phone (like if you have physical damage) you still have to put a hold on a credit card. It's just a security thing. I work for iPhone support and people get mad about the hold a lot, but there's no way around it... unless you do go to a Apple Retail Store.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

they said $500 and when i sent the rental phone back they would release? hmmmm your syaing they send you a replacement phone that you can keep and have the choice of keeping it or getting yours back?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah if they find out your phone is BER (Beyond Economical Repair) they will get you to keep your replacement phone. They got rid of the rental phone a few months ago. Was just told this by my supervisor the other day, so it's new to me too haha.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

dude...theirs like hundreds of apple stores all across the globe.. Just make an appointment and show up...thatch it...they will fix/replace your phone.

And about the lost and stolen part....you can go to your nearest insurance company and they will fully cover the iPhone. Even renters insurance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

It does seem like a bunch of crap. I would maybe see about picking up a $30 AT&T phone and using it, then send your phone in, let them check it out then send the new phone. So you only drop $30 instead of 5 bennys.
    And like further above with the Internet, we all connect to the same backbone, cable, dsl, edge, o2, 3g, the list goes on. I think maybe you should pay for speed not provider.

I use the owa network for my emails so any phone would just not work ( at least not any of the phones i have lying around) but anyway i just went ahead and put the funds on hold! i am still very dissappointed in all of this but owell whats 1 person going to do!
    Thanks