Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mms opt out code removed?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

After 30 mins of arguing with an AT&T rep they can't manually change my MMS Opt out b/c I'm on family unlimited plan instead of an individual plan. What a rip off. Geez.

I keep trying al these ways of getting MMS working. I evening went up to AT&T and showed a Customer Sales Rep the difference between her 3.0 and mine 3.0 with ability to almost send MMS. But she still wouldn't change my account. I guess I going have to keep bothering and/or wait on the AT&T to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    After 30 mins of arguing with an AT&T rep they can't manually change my MMS Opt out b/c I'm on family unlimited plan instead of an individual plan. What a rip off. Geez.

They can do it I have a family unlimeted plan with 4 regular phones and a Iphone..... try to get them to do a WAP push with your SIM card in a non iphone while you are talking to them.....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

AT&T sucks. They really have been crappy about this whole thing.

Look all u guys have to do is find an att phone and pop ur sim card in it, make calls, send mms and register on medianet, thats it, simple, u do not need to call those stupid att customer service 4real........

My phone can mms with 3.0 and ipcc file. I got mms working way back with the medianet trick and swirly but let swirly expire. I even posted a guide that I saw in several forums back then. It was originally a pay per use mms plan but that got removed on its own.

I never called att or changed anthing on the site. I still have the iphone text package. What sounds different from others plan is mine states "Internet/Media Net Unlimited" when you click the data tab on wireless.att site. Is that what everyone else has?

I only have one phone and there is no family plan. My iphone was my first phone with att.
    Last edited by dmagic1; 2009-06-23 at 01:42 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Isn't MMS great?

stealth how did you get yours working?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

ever since i used stealthbravo's way of calling att 3 months ago I've had MMS working since It's great haha :P... I think the ATT rep took off my MMS Opt-Out code a long time ago.

Thanks

^ Back then it was much easier to get a rep to do it. Now its nearly impossible =P

Thanks

^^ so is that what you did stealth? you called them back when they would take it off?

Thanks

this sucks. it stopped working now lol. now we sit back and wait for them to get their thumbs outta their butts n make a move here for the customer for once

used mr. boss' suggestion and it worked for me. I installed the ipcc file, added the MMS settings (and only those settings. i left everyting else blank, including ALL username and passwords) and popped my sim card in to my friend's HTC touch diamond and played around on it for about 20 minutes. Also went to the mywirelessatt from my macbook pro and registered my phone.

We'll see how long it lasts though, but I was able to send 2 MMS with my sim card in the HTC and 3 MMS' from my iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBoss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    used mr. boss' suggestion and it worked for me. I installed the ipcc file, added the MMS settings (and only those settings. i left everyting else blank, including ALL username and passwords) and popped my sim card in to my friend's HTC touch diamond and played around on it for about 20 minutes. Also went to the mywirelessatt from my macbook pro and registered my phone.

We'll see how long it lasts though, but I was able to send 2 MMS with my sim card in the HTC and 3 MMS' from my iPhone.
    Still working for me. I even tested mms to friends on other networks works fine.

Thanks

Mine has been working great for several weeks now. Its about time for AT&T to turn it off again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Mine has been working great for several weeks now. Its about time for AT&T to turn it off again
    Lmao I feel your pain

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default VVM not working....
    I noticed after I redid my ipcc code on Sunday, I've stopped getting voice mails. What is the code again for VVM in the Settings > Nrteork >Cellular Data > Visual Voicemail

My APN currently is wap.cingular, but I believe it's supposed to be something ike acds.com but I can't remember. Any help?

Thank,
    Plotkin

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBoss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plotkin35 View Post
    I noticed after I redid my ipcc code on Sunday, I've stopped getting voice mails. What is the code again for VVM in the Settings > Nrteork >Cellular Data > Visual Voicemail

My APN currently is wap.cingular, but I believe it's supposed to be something ike acds.com but I can't remember. Any help?

Thank,
    Plotkin
    acds.voicemail

blank username and password.

Is there any consensus on this VVM setting? Mine is working with
    APN: wap.cingular
    Uname: [blank]
    Pass: [blank]

In other words, is it possible that some AT&T customers need to use acds and others need to use wap?

NEVERMIND: I just downloaded the AT&T IPCC from Apple and sure enough it is "acds.voicemail" by default. My 1stGen iPhone VVM was working fine with "wap.cingular" tho, oddly.
    Last edited by ScooterComputer; 2009-06-30 at 09:21 PM.

i have the .ipcc installed all the settings and my account changed through a phone call to att, my features look like this but i still cant send mms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy1028 View Post
    i have the .ipcc installed all the settings and my account changed through a phone call to att, my features look like this but i still cant send mms

unfortunately you are in the same boat as me and maybe 10 grand others lol. we all have the unltd messaging, including video and pix, but the mms opt out is automatically readded when att's "snooper" or whatever its called recognizes your iphone. its following protocol. a gay one though at that. lol hopefully sometime soon they will enable it..... if we are lucky...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast