Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tether help please

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Tether help please
    Hi
    I have an iPhone 3G (3.0 FW) and I used the AT&T config file at help.BenM.at - Mobileconfigs für dein iPhone | BenM.at to enable tethering AND mms.

I don't really need MMS but I want to use the tethering.

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO GO USE "PDANET" or any of the silmiar.

I got tethering SETTINGS to work but when I plug my iPhone into my Windows Vista 64 bit laptop. it says "Device Driver failed" or something like that...

And it won't work.. please help me!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtn View Post
    Hi
    I have an iPhone 3G (3.0 FW) and I used the AT&T config file at help.BenM.at - Mobileconfigs für dein iPhone | BenM.at to enable tethering AND mms.

I got tethering SETTINGS to work but when I plug my iPhone into my Windows Vista 64 bit laptop. it says "Device Driver failed" or something like that...

you need the SDK from apple to work... that's how tethering connect to computer... hope that help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtn View Post
    Hi

FYI: I had problems creating and connecting to ad-hoc networks on some Vista 64 systems with the iPhone. Never found the 64-bit solution since both Vista 32 and XP systems were available and worked immediately.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    you need the SDK from apple to work... that's how tethering connect to computer... hope that help

I saw videos on YouTube that were using a Macbook pro and the owners of macbooks got it to work..........

anybody get windows 64 home vista preium to work with ben m. also can any one tell me were i go to find flash or the same i cant run my virtul magazins or movies on my i phone 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't get it to work with my XP either.

And, all the threads I find get onto MMS, which I don't need.

I get the blue tethering bar but it doesn't show up on my computer as a wifi profile.
    Last edited by Jeffwo; 2009-07-05 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwo View Post
    I can't get it to work with my XP either.

And, all the threads I find get onto MMS, which I don't need.

I get the blue tethering bar but it doesn't show up on my computer as a wifi profile.
    Does your PC has BlueTooth?

Thanks

I've gotten it to work with Xp, but I didn't use Ben m. I have the tether option under network from the 4.0 & 5.0 AT&T carrier settings (ipcc) update. The system should automatically recognize it and connect. In your case create a network connection and set it up to share an Internet connection from another computer. There's an option for it. It'll ask you if you're going to connect to a gateway or another computer that connects directly to the web. That's your option. Hope that helps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

Jeffwo (2009-07-06)

I Don't get what's the fuzz about tethering right now, since speed for these are as slow as 512kb!

please be for real, just wait a little bit, and have the $$$$ to paid for the service, on my PDA/Tether service (Samsung Encite sim on a iphone 3GS & 3G) I'm clocking 1.8mb

This is using my girlfriend iphone 3G on the regular data service

By ghetto_hardware

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    I've gotten it to work with Xp, but I didn't use Ben m. I have the tether option under network from the 4.0 & 5.0 AT&T carrier settings (ipcc) update. The system should automatically recognize it and connect. In your case create a network connection and set it up to share an Internet connection from another computer. There's an option for it. It'll ask you if you're going to connect to a gateway or another computer that connects directly to the web. That's your option. Hope that helps.

Yeah, that worked for me...thx.

BTW...I am getting only 72Mb/s. That's slow but I just spent 3 days in a place with no wifi... 72 woulda been welcome there.
    Last edited by Jeffwo; 2009-07-06 at 01:14 AM.