Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want an iPhone 3Gs...

Default I want an iPhone 3Gs...
    Quick question, Im currently using T-mobile and my girlfriends dad has at&t. He's available for an upgrade and can get the 16 gig 3Gs for $199 which he will send to me, If he upgrades they are gonna sign him up for the data plan. When he gets the phone can he cancel the data plan and go back to using his old phone like before without screwing his account up, With the exception of now having a 2yr. contract.?

Before he activates it, have him make sure that he does not have any VM messages that he needs. Second, after he activates, have him call in, and have a CSR change his IMEI back to the phone he was using. He'll have to take the SIM out of the iPhone and use it, but he'll be good to go. In addition, have the CSR wait on the line till he checks his regular voicemail to make sure it's working again.
    Previously had a iPhone 2G 8GB jailbroken with 3.0. Now as of 6/19 a proud owner of a 3GS and eagerly awaiting the jailbreaking of such!
    Lovin my jailbroken 3GS! Shove it Apple, my iPhone can now do twice what it could!

Thanx for the reply, Im hoping thats not to much for him to do. Ill give it a try

I actually did something similar. I used my mom's upgrade to get the $299 price. What I did was pre-order it online and when it arrived, I took it into AT&T (without opening it) and told them it was a birthday present from her and that they need to change the number on it to mine (the number was never activated since it was gonna be a week in the mail but instead was just "assigned" to that device for activation through iTunes at home). The guy just needed some of the account info and it was done! I would recommend her dad be there for that if he doesn't want to give you the info. Or, if he's in another city, you could try having him go into an AT&T store where he lives (you go in yours) and have his people call your people. This might sound a lot more complicated than it is but trust me, it's easy!