Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: old at&t blue mmode settings on iphone

Again, in 1.1.4 the locations of the files have moved. I have found the files and overwritten them. Unfortunately, I did a lot of fooling around and am not sure which file placement was correct. I have several copies of each file, all in different directories. My iPhone is working on Edge over mmode. If someone can post up the locations of the files for 1.1.4, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by many people. Sorry that I am not able to release the locations of the files .

Ok here is my best shot at a guide to get edge working for all of us still on the old legacy plan. Using windows:

1)Upgrade to 1.1.4 then use ziphone 2.5 to unlock jailbreak and activate see here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55591
    2)On your phone go to installer and add source i.unlock.no
    3)install "ziphone.ibrick.fix"
    3)install "BSD Subsystem"
    4)install "Open SSH"
    5)Download and install on your computer WinSCP
    if you are not familiar with winscp go here: http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...2_windows.html
    6)access the phone with user name "root" and password "alpine"
    7)go to root/system/library/carrierbundles/unknown carrier
    8)copy the file "carrier.plist" to your pc
    9)go root/system/library/carrierbundles/att_us.bundle and copy the file you just took from unknown and past it over the current file.
    10)if you still have your old proxy.pac file that you used before just paste it into the directory private/var/root
    If you dont have this file see this post: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79100
    Ok almost done!
    12)Go back to your phone and go to settings/general/network and you should now see an edge option on the phone. Change APN to "proxy" leaving username and password blank.

Turn you phone off and on and You should have a Phone running 1.1.4 with the old mmode settings.

Sounds like alot but It should take you less than an hour to complete all these steps.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to teamrev For This Useful Post:

txdesi (2008-03-29)

okay i have a really stupid question I don't have a legit AT&T service plan instead I use a pay as you go prepaid sim in my iphone. OKAY now thats been said, I'm not subcribed to EDGE. So is there any way I can get EDGE without having to pay.

I know this probably isn't possible but justing asking.

THANKS MUCH

Post EDGE Settings
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrev View Post
    Ok here is my best shot at a guide to get edge working for all of us still on the old legacy plan. Using windows:

1)Upgrade to 1.1.4 then use ziphone 2.5 to unlock jailbreak and activate see here:
    4)install "Open SSH"
    if you are not familiar with winscp go here: http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...2_windows.html
    9)go root/system/library/carrierbundles/att_us.bundle and copy the file you just took from unknown and past it over the current file.
    10)if you still have your old proxy.pac file that you used before just paste it into the directory private/var/root
    If you dont have this file see this post: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79100
    Ok almost done!
    12)Go back to your phone and go to settings/general/network and you should now see an edge option on the phone. Change APN to "proxy" leaving username and password blank.

Turn you phone off and on and You should have a Phone running 1.1.4 with the old mmode settings.

Sounds like alot but It should take you less than an hour to complete all these steps.

Good luck!

Hi I am a illeterate as they come to this type of stuff, but I just got my Iphone 1.1.3 unlocked and upgraded to 1.1.4 with some assistance. I am on the old At&T Blue plan and could not get my EDGE settings to work so I followed the above METHOD and IT WORKS PERFECTLY!! THANKS ALOT!! However, my WI-FI is no longer working. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS???

THANKS
    My WI_FI was working prior to the EDGE setting working..

I new to this so please forgive the novice questions. I just bought an unlocked iPhone. Version 1.1.4
    I need to modify the files to use mMode. Where do I locate the files?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by teamrev View Post

4)install "Open SSH"
    Ok almost done!

Good luck!
    I used most of this info and it worked like a charm. I'm on the old blue network with a blackberry plan. Unlocked my 1.1.4 16GB phone and had no data access...

The files were in a different location though...

-- Tex

Well for those of you have been searchng for the easy way to do mMode, I accidentally stumbled on a solution. We will see how it works. With the Blue SIM you do not get a EDGE option in Network. I placed a T-Mo SIM in and went to edge settings. Then took out the sim while still in edge settings. I typed in proxy for apn, put the Blue SIM back in and it worked!! There is still no EDGE setting but it saved the proxy. Strange but worked. Customer had mMode $24.99 plan. I thought it was to good to be true, so I turned phone off and on and settings stuck.

Good Luck to the rest of the Blue Team!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MDWireless For This Useful Post:

Johndoe01 (2008-04-22)

I've never had the EDGE settings option on my iPhone. just updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4... EDGE does not work.. I can't even find the file to do the editting via mobiletexteditor

wanted to see if anyone has the carrier.plist file they can send to me. I seem to have the wrong files saved and I can't remember which one I have.
    Last edited by phattbam; 2008-04-01 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tryputting in your SIM that came with your iphone and see if you have the edge setting

Quote Originally Posted by MDWireless View Post
    Tryputting in your SIM that came with your iphone and see if you have the edge setting
    that seemed to have done something.. I popped the SIM that came with the iPhone and swapped it with my active AT&T blue one and it's picking up EDGE

Thanks

This is more of a curiosity on my part thing, but the Blue side of the Old Cingular is still around? And they are still supporting service plans and such? I would have thought they would have migrated you over a long time ago. If not made you, made you want to by discontinuing support and such. Also, don't flame me, I am honestly curious, why not migrate to the Orange side... which I guess has turned blue. Lol.

Let me see if I can answer this.
    Yes, The blue network is still around. The coverage is good. They use their own towers and T-mobile towers. They would love to force us off of our plans because they are cheap with a lot of minutes. As far as AT&T discounting anything to get us over to orange, are you kidding me they treat us like second class citizens! They just want us to go away! That is why this community is so important to us "Blue Customers".

Here are the reasons I stay blue:

1) More minutes for less money.
    2) Don't have to sign new two year agreement.
    3) Keep my corporate discount.
    4) And after the poor treatment they have given me as a blue account it feels good to keep getting the best phones at the best rates!

Quote Originally Posted by MDWireless View Post
    Well for those of you have been searchng for the easy way to do mMode, I accidentally stumbled on a solution. We will see how it works. With the Blue SIM you do not get a EDGE option in Network. I placed a T-Mo SIM in and went to edge settings. Then took out the sim while still in edge settings. I typed in proxy for apn, put the Blue SIM back in and it worked!! There is still no EDGE setting but it saved the proxy. Strange but worked. Customer had mMode $24.99 plan. I thought it was to good to be true, so I turned phone off and on and settings stuck.

Good Luck to the rest of the Blue Team!
    Strangely, this works for me too. So no need to mess around with iphone files! Wifi, Youtube, and everything else works just like normal! I'm pleasantly surprised how easy it is to set up iphone to use mmode. But right after that, I installed BossPrefs so I can turn on, turn off Edge whenever I want (I read somewhere that somebody was not aware of this that he unknowningly left Edge on and even though he didn't use the internet, at the end of the month his bill jacked up to $4,200!! So, I don't want this happen to me.)

Default iPhone 2.0
    I am a blue customer and I just bought a 1st gen iPhone w/updated firmware version 2.0

Is there anyway to use my AT&T Blue SIM chip in this device or must I upgrade?

What about cloning blue SIM to a newer SIM? Do I need to unlock.

Thanks,
    dan

d a n @ 7 1 7 . o r g

you should be able to use it. may need to unlock it though.

Default unlock question
    how will this effect syncing in itunes?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yoonix For This Useful Post:

phattbam (2008-07-13)

I dont know if the 2.0 has anything new to it. but the previous FW's did not have any issues with iTunes after unlocking.

Have you tried putting your old blue SIM in it?

my old blue sim yes and itunes says its incompatible...of note, this is a 1st gen iphone that has a de-activated 3g sim in it and so it has been activated at one point it functions just like an ipod touch...i have wifi and full access to the device but of course without the phone aspect.

I would just wait until the new Pwange tool comes out. Then unlock jailbreak and you should be able to use your old blue sim in the phone.

I'm an old AT&T wireless guy (is that what you all mean by "Blue customers"?) Anyhow, why would you want to use mMode over EDGE? I'm new to the iPhone data plans (but do have a touch ), so please be gentile...

FWIW, I am wanting to pick up a couple of old iPhones and use my blue sims in them (2 line, family plan).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast