Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Price Upgrade Reduce *Complaint*

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Price Upgrade Reduce *Complaint*
    I called AT&T today to see if I was going to get the rebate or credit for preordering the phone and then the upgrade eligibility changing. It seemed like I was going to get the credit and then the person said that you aren't able to get the credit unless you pay $99+ a month per line.. I'm on a family plan and I'm an add a line so my plan is only 40 dollars. So LAME! We have Unlimited text (20 dollars) + My iPhone data plan (30) + 700 Min Plan (60).

That's $110 just for 1 phone and we have 3 others on the account. I think that's dumb that you have to be basically the main line or just a single line.

Anyone think this is kinda dumb?

Don't hate me for this haha. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

they really denied you it? i was gonna open a new line for my sister to get mine but since they changed the terms of eligibility, i used my own on the family plan. Strange since the other line eligible is my dads and his is an add a line account and they switched him to be eligible. id call and complain
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks

I preordered the 3GS but they just denied me the credit back for the price drop as far as I know.... They're supposed to send you an email or something saying you get the credit... no email yet.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

It seems silly, but I suppose that they had to 'draw the line' somewhere. It's the same as requiring a deposit. When I first wanted to switch (I was only 18), they wanted $100 deposit per line (even though I was bringing my own phones). But then two years later, they offered me free this and that to join...

Call CS (I'm sure you probably already did) and see what else can be done. I'm not sure that there is too much you can do, but a lot of times finding the "right" rep can make the difference.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

Yeah, I am going to call back because we have had AT&T forever and we've never missed a payment or anything so we should be in good.. Only thing is that I dunno if I should call AT&T CS or Apple CS.... I work for the iPhone Tech support lol so I could just walk around the building and ask someone hahaha. I think it's pretty dumb that you have to pay 100 a month that's some crap.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Unfortunately with upgrade eligibility and such how AT&T looks at it is per line, per 3 mo revenue. There's different ranges for customers depending on how much they spend per mo. With this the secondary lines on family plans get shafted. The only other thing that they could possibly do in this case is go with an average of all the lines for the average MRC instead of each individual lines. But in this circumstance, it would shaft the main line.

Oh well... pick your poison I guess. Sorry.

As I understood it, the whole "$99 a month" thing is just an example of how quick someone is eligible. The more you pay the faster your eligible. So, the new eligibility is for people who are going to be eligible in July, August or September, not people who purchased an iPhone 3G in those months.