Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T won't activate MMS!

Default AT&T won't activate MMS!
    I've seen guides to get MMS working on the iPhone all over the internet. I've seen the ones that say installing the ATT_US.ipcc file then swapping sim cards for a while. I've seen the ones that have crap about MediaNet and I've seen the ones about calling AT&T and telling them you're a developer.

I've tried all of these and NONE of them have worked. I first installed the ATT_US.ipcc file so I have AT&T 5.0 on my iPhone but I have the Cellular Data settings of the first image not the second image.

I tried swapping sims card and setup a MediaNet account. I was able to call others from my friends phone but not send pictures just like on my iPhone. I have the option but I get an error when sending it. I setup a MediaNet account that was a waste of time.

Finally I called AT&T tier two support. I told her I was an iPhone developer and I have access to 3.0 and need her to activate MMS on my iPhone. She told me she doesn't know what I'm talking about so she put me on the phone with her manager who told me that he couldn't help me because he can't change my settings. Then he gave me this link and told me to put this info in my iPhone.

Answer Center | AT&T

I don't understand why the first two options don't work and I don't understand how people say you can just call AT&T because it doesn't frinkin work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heyro View Post
    I've seen guides to get MMS working on the iPhone all over the internet. I've seen the ones that say installing the ATT_US.ipcc file then swapping sim cards for a while. I've seen the ones that have crap about MediaNet and I've seen the ones about calling AT&T and telling them you're a developer.

I've tried all of these and NONE of them have worked. I first installed the ATT_US.ipcc file so I have AT&T 5.0 on my iPhone but I have the Cellular Data settings of the first image not the second image.

I tried swapping sims card and setup a MediaNet account. I was able to call others from my friends phone but not send pictures just like on my iPhone. I have the option but I get an error when sending it. I setup a MediaNet account that was a waste of time.

Finally I called AT&T tier two support. I told her I was an iPhone developer and I have access to 3.0 and need her to activate MMS on my iPhone. She told me she doesn't know what I'm talking about so she put me on the phone with her manager who told me that he couldn't help me because he can't change my settings. Then he gave me this link and told me to put this info in my iPhone.

Answer Center | AT&T

I don't understand why the first two options don't work and I don't understand how people say you can just call AT&T because it doesn't frinkin work!!
    I feel ya dude. Same problem here. Oh and those settings are for a rzr not an iphone so that rep was an idiot. AT&T will be getting a call from me tomorrow and we will see what happens when I threaten to go to T-Mobile. lol

As for them not knowing what we are talking about. I dont think AT&T knows anything about the beta releases because every tech I have talked to was amazed that I actually had 3.0. They all thought I was BSing and was trying to use Swirly or something.