Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 3G running 3.0 I got it working!!

i saw on some website (and cannot find it now) where some did some editing on their mac and was able to enable the ability to update the ipcc's now. Does anyone know how to do this?

Edit..

Sorry. I had two tabs open to modmyi and posted on the wrong thread.
    Last edited by oo3; 2009-06-19 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    i saw on some website (and cannot find it now) where some did some editing on their mac and was able to enable the ability to update the ipcc's now. Does anyone know how to do this?
    Open a terminal window and type:

Code:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay i'm at this point on the topic.

I called AT&T and went through the whole provision crap which was unable to occur because of my Iphone. MMS as far as "Amanda" Whatever her last name was, was able to tell me. I had a paper on what she told me but all they have been told that AT&T will support it fully this summer but it would prob be an extra charged added on to our unlimited Texting plan. SHe said mostly likely go from 20 to 25 or 30 dollars a month. Which is stupid, but anyways also when following the steps once i get to Network from Settings there is no Celluar Network stuff. Its just Network.

Oh and edit, The simpliest way i do it just cause i can wait until its official just use Freedom SMS to get the email of your friends phone and email it to them.
    Last edited by slidingmike; 2009-07-16 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Email crap stuff

^what? I thought AT&T was going to support MMS for no additional fee? But it is AT&T...
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

No clue. But as far as any representatives with AT&T have no clue about any releases or anything on MMS.

Thanks

The easiest way to get this working is to take a medianet capatable phone, write down the imei #, put ur sim in this (medianet)phone, and call AT&T tell them something happened to the iPhone, tell them u want a medianet/messaging unlimited plan (don't worry it's cheaper than your iPhone plan), they will register ur imei of the phone and medianet. Basically from there your good to go but they has to change the imei registered to the account from the iPhone to other phone. I made a few calls sent some mms and cruised media net for a few minutes then put sim in iPhone and I've been good ever since(mine has worked no problems since November 2008 via swirly pre3.0). I'm also holding on to the phone registered to the account for the just in case factor. Also u loose visual voicemail with this if that's an issue for u don't do it. You have the regular voicemail with this tho. Don't believe me try it, it works.

Default Worked for me on 3GS
    I just upgraded from my 2G to a 3GS. Put in the info from the first post and the mms icon came up in the messages windows but it would not send at all. Red Exclamation
    I should say that MMS was working on my 2G as well through, activate2GMMS

EDIT:

It's working. I can send and receive.
    Here are the settings I used.
    Last edited by trinititan; 2009-08-20 at 08:42 PM.

Default i cant even downlad it.
    whenever i try to download it i get 2 messages saying http://www.ispaziorepo.com
    NetDB: open nodename nor
    servname provided, or not known

Does anyone know how to fix this or download it another way?

I previously had this working on my iphone 3G, both mms and tethering.

I just had to exchange it because of a broken silent switch.

The piece of crap they gave me has a bad pixel, and I can't get MMS to work on it. I have the family unlimited texting plan. I found previously that the settings that worked are the ones that left the user name and password blank. With those settings (on my old iphone 3g) I had mms, tethering, and visual voicemail all working flawlessly.

I read the first post in this thread and noticed there is a unique mms proxy listed there. Why is this one different from most of those listed in various tutorials across the net?

Maybe I'll try that one and see if it works...
    Last edited by Ackms421; 2009-08-23 at 08:10 AM.

I just used the settings switched airplane mode on and off and then it worked immediately. I guess it matters where you are. Plus I did have it working before with the sim swap for a few days, Don't know how long it will last though. I'll keep up the post.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

I plugged in the settings from the first post and it worked immediately for me. I had a 3G iPhone and it worked with different settings.. my 3GS never worked with those.. Im glad I checked this thread

So i have the picture icon to send pic messages but it fails everytime. I tried a couple different options for the MMS Cellular Data Settings and I keep getting the Red Exclamation mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123