Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 3G running 3.0 I got it working!!

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    yeah im running the gm 3.0 on my iphone 3g and ive seen videos where to send a photo via the text app there was a camera to the left of the typing bar..... i dont have that camera, is that camera suppose to magically appear once att removes the code?
    If you have loaded the .ipcc file, and then reboot your iPhone, you will get the little camera button in the Messages.app and a new Section in Settings>General>Network>"Cellular Data Network"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ride For This Useful Post:

glassJAw (2009-06-17)

Quote Originally Posted by ride View Post
    If you have loaded the .ipcc file, and then reboot your iPhone, you will get the little camera button in the Messages.app and a new Section in Settings>General>Network>"Cellular Data Network"
    he buddy your the bomb, but if you want to be the mother ******* **** how do i do what you just told me to do? (i know i know im a noob)

he buddy your the bomb, but if you want to be the mother ******* **** how do i do what you just told me to do? (i know i know im a noob)
    you need to download the ipcc file if you havent already. Its all over this site but i'll link it. Then your going to need to go to itunes and shift click update and then select the ipcc file. Should take a couple a seconds then reboot.

you cant update the ipcc on 8.2 unless its the beta. Just in case you didnt know.

I am assuming you are using a windows machine and you have AT&T.

Links:
    Ipcc - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This might help as well. Shows how to get 8.2 to allow updating ipcc. MMS, Tethering working on iPhone 3G (IPCC Included) - Erodov

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichwohneinloche For This Useful Post:

glassJAw (2009-06-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly is it you have to say to AT&T about needing mms on? Do just say your beta testing on a dev account? And if so do they ask for account info or names?

Quote Originally Posted by djdraco View Post
    What exactly is it you have to say to AT&T about needing mms on? Do just say your beta testing on a dev account? And if so do they ask for account info or names?
    Well if you wait till tomorrow then you wont need to be a "dev". Everyone will have 3.0 so they cant really ask questions. I was never able to get a tech that would help me so i'm just waiting till tomorrow to call and try and get them to listen.

Stealthbravo has what you need to tell them to do on his guide for enabling mms. Link: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/56587...-0-iphone.html

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    you need to download the ipcc file if you havent already. Its all over this site but i'll link it. Then your going to need to go to itunes and shift click update and then select the ipcc file. Should take a couple a seconds then reboot.

you cant update the ipcc on 8.2 unless its the beta. Just in case you didnt know.

I am assuming you are using a windows machine and you have AT&T.

Links:
    Ipcc - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This might help as well. Shows how to get 8.2 to allow updating ipcc. MMS, Tethering working on iPhone 3G (IPCC Included) - Erodov
    hey buddy thanks a lot i have that option to send but when i try to send it fails, but i was expecting that. im running itunes 8.2 beta and i was wondering my fiance has an iphone 3g as well do you think i will run into the same problem?(having to download the ipcc to her phone) eh i guess ill find out tomorrow im just really impatient, thanks again i owe you my first born...

hey buddy thanks a lot i have that option to send but when i try to send it fails, but i was expecting that. im running itunes 8.2 beta and i was wondering my fiance has an iphone 3g as well do you think i will run into the same problem?(having to download the ipcc to her phone) eh i guess ill find out tomorrow im just really impatient, thanks again i owe you my first born...
    Ok adressing your send failure. Have you tried switching sim to another, media net capable, phone. Use that phone for a little bit then switch back? That might help, but im not too sure for how long. As for your fiance's phone, yes you will have to update the ipcc on her phone unless AT&T played a trick on us all and we get MMS tomorrow too.

And hey, we are all impatient lol. That's why we are running betas on our everyday phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Ok adressing your send failure. Have you tried switching sim to another, media net capable, phone. Use that phone for a little bit then switch back? That might help, but im not too sure for how long. As for your fiance's phone, yes you will have to update the ipcc on her phone unless AT&T played a trick on us all and we get MMS tomorrow too.

And hey, we are all impatient lol. That's why we are running betas on our everyday phones.
    ok, with that being said. how is that feature(that little camera to the left of the typing bar)going to make its way to the iphones especially for those who have installed the final version of itunes 8.2 seeing how you need the beta version? and seeing how if this is the facts wont att raise their eye brow on how we were able to get ahead of the class by already having this feature on our phones; if we call and tell them to remove the code? get back at me buddy

ok, with that being said. how is that feature(that little camera to the left of the typing bar)going to make its way to the iphones especially for those who have installed the final version of itunes 8.2 seeing how you need the beta version? and seeing how if this is the facts wont att raise their eye brow on how we were able to get ahead of the class by already having this feature on our phones; if we call and tell them to remove the code? get back at me buddy
    All that the new version of 8.2 did is block us from MANUALLY updating our ipcc. When AT&T releases the legit one then itunes will update it automatically. As for AT&T noticing us being ahead im not sure. They dont have anything to do with the firmware and unless apple specifically said they didnt give us access to the network settings, AT&T wont know about it. Basically when I call tomorrow, i'm gonna say "hey i know you dont support it yet but can you try this for me...". From what i've seen, a few people are having luck with the techs at the moment and they remove the block, which is on wap push, not MMS it's self(Correct me if i'm wrong please)? Either way it should be interesting to see what happens. I know the call centers are gonna be flooded with some pretty pissed off callers tomorrow though.

heres my story when i called earlier, and i got ugly lol

so earlier today i figured id give it a shot and call ATT and ask about whatever it is they have to do with the MMS, i said that i work for a software developer (which i dont) and that my boss and several other employees had success in having there techs do there magic. so basicalyy the first person i talked to was totally clueless, and i said i need to speak to a L2 tech, so they patched me through after 30 mins of babbling, then the next person new exactly what i was talking about, said something about having to provision the acct, but said as of today they were strictly told not to do so, and thats when things started escalating, lol, anyways i threatened cancellation, sent me over to customer relations, at that point i was like great he called my bluff, then speaking to customer relation fellow, he was very polite and wanted to help me very much so, and was actually interested in this all himself, i was on a long hold and he came back and said that ok im getting some headway here, and said he was going to call me back in 5 mins and that we were going to have to do some tests MMS messages to see if it works, i said no problem ill be waiting for your call, 5 mins later, i get a phone call from a woman, and a very rude one to say the least, and said we cant help you, i tried to explaing everything and that i been on the phone for 2 hours now and that i wanted to speak to the gentlemen i was speaking to, she was jus such a B, and jus stowned me, and that was that, so yea quite the roller coaster ride, with a bunch of idiots that dont know sh*t over there, its unreal, god damn it

Ok i have found out that it also works if you dont fill in the username and password fields.

I got the MMS option back but sending messages failed. It worked before 3.0 GM wtf!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to illuminatty For This Useful Post:

cat2115 (2009-06-18)

Quote Originally Posted by illuminatty View Post
    I got the MMS option back but sending messages failed. It worked before 3.0 GM wtf!
    same situation bro, tethering works but mms does not work!

can you send me the link to stealths thread please

Default Mine Works...but there's a Catch....
    Today, I called AT&T customer care and luckily I was able to have the rep provision my account for Multimedia and MMS messaging WITH my current iPhone Data plan in place.
    She then proceeded to send 4 test mms messages to me, of which I was able to receive. I then managed to send mms to 5 of my friends on various carriers and they all received them no problem.

I then checked my account using the myWireless app and noticed that my Unlimited Text Messaging option was no longer checked as part of my plan. So, I selected it again, received the text message that a change to my account has been made. Then, when I tried to send another mms, it failed.

Since this, I have deselected the option and HAVE sent mms, then selected the option for unlimited TEXT and then cannot send the mms.

Is there a way around this without calling AT&T again? There has got to be a way to send my mms, AND retain my texting plan.

Maybe leave my text plan unlimited, take my SIM out and put it in another phone for a bit, then replace?

Quote Originally Posted by vokal_guy View Post
    same situation bro, tethering works but mms does not work!
    what carrier settings are you using?

Or go here its the guide i made see if that helps.
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    what carrier settings are you using?

Or go here its the guide i made see if that helps.
    I got that 5.0 settings but unfortunately i do not have any att phone with me xcept d iphone, all d other phones in my house are tmobile so hopefully i get somebody who uses at&t

Wow more post missing.. sorry guys...

you can follow the issue.. lol here is the thread.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/chit-ch...ml#post4441971
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

the camera icon has left my phone, i guess ill have to wait... ****!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    God I feel for you lot over there.
    All this hassle for MMS

First thing I did after the upgrade was send an MMS
    All is good with the world again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast