Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ordered iPhone on non iphone line, I dont need data plan correct??

Default Ordered iPhone on non iphone line, I dont need data plan correct??
    Well i have 3g right now, i ordered the new one (what the hell is up with taxing the whole price?? Is that LEGAL??) 26% tax? my bill was 252 or something, 50.00 + on tax for 199?? Anyway
    I will be using this for MY line, i got the 199 price by using my sisters account which had an upgrade eligible. The guy was saying i have to have data plan blah blah. Im thinking its just ********? At worst i can cancel it after a month and say she lost the phone right? I dont see them keeping the iphone data package when she clearly wont be using an iphone
    Also who works at att and can hook me up with the probusiness discount 22% off, i have the code. ! Much appreciated

It's 22% off your primary phone plan. Not for the iPhone.

I know that, i meant two different things. Im looking for the discount on my plan. aside from the question. My friend use to work there and put it on my moms account when we shared, now i have my own and he doesnt work there anymore =[ i can read the three things it says on the bill tho hopefully to get it on my bill

The 26% tax is bullocks. The terms that you agreed to say that some phones (specifically iPhones and BB's) require data plans. Cheap phones, our any other normal phones don't require data. I've gone through so much crap to get the data plan removed and all data blocked on my old lady's iPhone. In the end, I gave up. I am selling her iPhone, and am getting her a cool phone that AT&T cannot bully me with.

Now clearly we all know that the phones work fine without 3G data service, but AT&T decided to have their computers check everyone's account and add the data for you if it's not there. It's so annoying. I even asked them "If I lose my job but want to keep my service, I'd need to cut the fat out. Could I get rid of the data plan then?" and they said absolutely not.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Well my plan is to get the iphone under my sisters account which i already have. Buy her a brand new LG vu (she wants it) On ebay for 200 shipped. Activate whatever ******** they want to in the store. Call a week later and tell them the iphone was lost or whatever, and have her sim in the LG vu of course so they will know infact its not an iphone. And then demand them to remove the iphone package :-D Of course unless they want to give me a free iphone for the one i lost

That can work, however you just need to monitor your account, because AT&T's computers will check to see what phones are being used, and that all 'compatible' features are on the account. In this case not just compatible features, but required features.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

One of things you aren't thinking about. When you agree to the new 2 year contract (or 2 year extension) for the iPhone, you agree to maintain the iPhone data plan for 2 years. Sure you can cancel for the $175 (or a prorated amount).

"Losing" your iPhone does not nullify your contractual obligations.

I believe if you use the iphone or the iphone 3G, ATT will find out you are using the phone and will require you to sign up the $30 data plan. So I guess you can't use the iphone 3g without paying for the $30 data plan.