Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

Well i tried twice first guy was a Jerk and flipped when i mentioned the snooper. The second time i got a Christina who was really nice and she explained everything about how apple hadnt realeased any info on how to provision MMS for the iphone and it wasnt something that att was currently supporting. I got kinda fed up, and asked her if she could explain why it was working yesterday and today at about 8 am it quit working. And of course she had no answer so i just kinda let it go. SO.... try again or wait till about 7:30 and see what i can do. Not sure yet. Anyone got any suggestion? Cause im just not to great at working with att support apparently. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I acted like I had a email/paper/memo instructions from apple on how the settings should be setup in snooper. Sound official

worse case wait till tomorrow when they open at 7:00 am. Call first thing at 7. Who gives a crap about anything that early? Thats your best shot.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-09 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

Stealth, Is you Visual Voicemail working properly with your MMS setup?

Thanks

yea its working fine.

are you having problems?
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-09 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Yeah I guess I should have left it alone. My VV was showing the setup screen when I selected it asking me to setup a password and greeting. I did and now MMS doesnt work at all.

i have been trying for a couple days now today i was told it can't be done then about an hour later got a very nice person said she took care of it well still didn't work just tryed again and told it couldn't be dont anybody got any ideas

Thanks

were you on a iphone data plan before?

Quote Originally Posted by jediskywalker View Post
    i have been trying for a couple days now today i was told it can't be done then about an hour later got a very nice person said she took care of it well still didn't work just tryed again and told it couldn't be dont anybody got any ideas
    Call in and say WTF! Give me my MMS or I am going to F'in lose it.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-09 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

yes and unlimited family text

Actually Mine is working again. I went into settings and reset the network settings and it is working

I am on iPhone Plan with Family Unlimited Messaging

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
    Actually Mine is working again. I went into settings and reset the network settings and it is working

I am on iPhone Plan with Family Unlimited Messaging
    Yea, I forgot to mention that. The AT&T rep did tell me that if I had trouble with the MMS to reset the network settings. He said no need for OTA that resetting would accomplish the same goal. Oops!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

i tryed that and still no luck tryed this morrining when i woke up and nothin so im gona try to call again

Mine is still working great this morning. I am going to try and get my Wife's working now. She is still on 2.1. I Made a pink theme for her back then and setup Categories with everything in Folders, Clock/Weather and Calendar widgets and she likes it the way it is. Also, with the issues I had with Beta 1 she said "LEAVE MY PHONE ALONE"!

just talked to ATT this morning 4/9 and the guy said they put out a Memo stating that Iphone developers are no longer able to get MMS, they blocked access to the information listed on the first page. It seems they are catching onto things.

The Agent at AT&T can not help with the following

a. Make sure you are on a standard texting plan and not the iphone texting plan
    b. Enable Media Net and WAP Push
    c. There are two areas in Snooper that need to be checked off to enable MMS
    d. They need to do a push OTA (over the air activation)

it seems that the snooper has been blocked if you have an iphone listed on your account. I called several times.

He told me nothing has changed on my account. I am not sure since nothing changed why can I not send MMS then?

Anyone
    Last edited by kosherdill34; 2009-04-09 at 04:37 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Mine is dead

I had it working for a day and it was cool. Not worth the effort to get it working. Hopefully they provision it a few weeks before the release so we can have it added correctly.

Mine quit working yesterday and I went to Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings. The Network settings were updated, the phone rebooted and MMS has been working again every since.

Thanks

Im going strong after 40 hrs.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Mine was working last night, now not sure why its not. I have tried the reset many times. I noticed that in the network setting that the username and password are blank, could this be a problem?

Thanks

I have been told that mms cant work on the iphone plan no matter what, i have been told that they dont have the options to add it, i have been told that they are not allowed to enable it and finally the last guy said no problem sir let me add mms for you.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have been told that mms cant work on the iphone plan no matter what, i have been told that they dont have the options to add it, i have been told that they are not allowed to enable it and finally the last guy said no problem sir let me add mms for you.

The plan blocks it. If you log into your account. You should be on a medianet account if its working.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is still working Sucks for all who's aren't, I know the feeling.. Plus, everytime I send a message, and it hangs at the last second, I'm always like 'oh no please still work' hahaha

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast