Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Have you called AT&T and asked them to make sure the opt-out code was removed from your account?
    Are you talking to me? This is the first I've heard about that. Also, i havn't done any SSH yet, but can easily do if you tell me what needs to be put where.
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    Are you talking to me? This is the first I've heard about that. Also, i havn't done any SSH yet, but can easily do if you tell me what needs to be put where.
    I would call AT&T and double check everything is good on their end. I have talked to at least 8 people tonight that were pulling their hair out trying to figure out why it wasn't working, and it turned out to be AT&T's fault.

Thanks

Oh, by the way, not sure if it matters, but I'm on a family plan and my wife and brother have non-jailbroken 3G iPhones and both have MMS working.

Thanks

Im on a family plan too. MMS works fine on the family plan

Thanks

Will do tomorrow after kids soccer game. Thanks for trying to help. I'm sure its something small and stupid. So frustrating

Good night

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First and foremost....Thank you to StealthBravo for all the info and walkthroughs....you are the man.....Unfortunately, I am having the same problem as many which is I used the SSH method, powered off then back on, and I now have the capability to send pics and video, but when I send anything, it almost gets to the end of the sending bar, and nothing. Then it fails. Don't know where to go from here but after hearing about all the problems with 3.1, not a prayer of me updating...MMS or not! On a side note, I am on a 32g 3GS.....any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I appreciate the kind words. Here are the order of things to try:

1. Reinstall 6.0 ipcc
    2. Reset Network Settings
    3. Reinstall 6.0 after a network reset
    4. Call AT&T to verify that the MMS opt-out code has been removed from your account.

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

mikeebmf (2009-09-26)

for some reason I only have the ipsw in the file selection, so I cant even see the config file as an ipcc.

any tips?

well, I was able to enable the mms settings on a friends computer, but if anyone knows the answer to my question, it might still help someone.
    Last edited by brandonloves; 2009-09-26 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks

here is my hang up. I put the stupid cmd line in, every time, and

CDocuments and Settings\Spankme>cd CProgram Files\iTunes

CProgram Files\iTunes>iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    'iTunes.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

CProgram Files\iTunes>

beats me... I guess ill just try SSH'ing
    Without my sword, I can not protect you. With my sword, I can not embrace you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Success!!!
    Stealth my boy, you are AWESOME!! I didn't need to reload anything, just needed to go to Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network and go down to the bottom and Reset Settings just as you advised. Then I powered off and when I powered back on, I received a pic MMS from a friend of mine who is trying to get this thing to work along with me. I had her do the same thing and sure enough, we are both up and running on 3.0. Thank you so much, you are the MAN!!!!

Side note....
    On a plan all by myself
    32g 3GS running 3.0 and Jailbroken

On the side, I am a digital graphic artist. I have a business creating custom themes for people's iPhones with anything they want, just takes me a few days to make. StealthBravo, get a hold of me at [email protected] and anything you want for a custom theme is on the house my friend. Below are examples of the themes I have created........unlike anything else out there.
    Last edited by mikeebmf; 2009-09-26 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks, was getting red exclamation mark. After resetting settings and rebooting mms works on 3.0

Thanks

Stealth props my man and I'd up your rep if I knew how - but like you need it.

I called ATT and they had my number as 1st Generation. I turned it off, they called my wife's cell, did a 30 second download and it worked immediately after reboot.

So check on those MMS opt out codes or MMS permissions with ATT if you think you've done everything right and are getting the red exclamation point.

Thanks again

Default Not working
    Followed insructions to a tee. Upgrades to ATT 5.0, have the camera icon, starts to send but hangs at very end and then fails to complete. Running iPhone 3G 3.0. Please help if possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebmf View Post

On the side, I am a digital graphic artist. I have a business creating custom themes for people's iPhones with anything they want, just takes me a few days to make. StealthBravo, get a hold of me at [email protected] and anything you want for a custom theme is on the house my friend. Below are examples of the themes I have created........unlike anything else out there.
    Those themes look sick bro. I will send you an email when I get a chance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldiver View Post
    Followed insructions to a tee. Upgrades to ATT 5.0, have the camera icon, starts to send but hangs at very end and then fails to complete. Running iPhone 3G 3.0. Please help if possible.
    Have you tried calling AT&T and making sure your account is provisioned correctly?
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-09-26 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmm I still get the red exclamation today.

I called and they said I'm cleared for MMS. I have the TMB9 (750 mssgs for $7.49) plan rather than a conventional iPhone messaging plan. Anyone with a TMS4 or a TMB9 plan have MMS working?

So i got a 3.0.1 2g iphone unlocked on tmobile. Im so confused reading through this whole thread. How would i get mms to work for me? Do i have to even call att if im still on tmobile? Any help would be apreciated

Hey, I'm on the 6.0 Carrier with 3.0 iPhone software, but I dont see the MMS Icon anywhere. What would you suggest to do in order to get the actual MMS icon to show up.

ps: I never got the ATT message either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    Hey, I'm on the 6.0 Carrier with 3.0 iPhone software, but I dont see the MMS Icon anywhere. What would you suggest to do in order to get the actual MMS icon to show up.

ps: I never got the ATT message either.
    Ahh,

I'd maybe try to install MMS & Tethering Settings for the Sinful source on Cydia.

Thanks for the SSH how to.It worked great! just added the cellular data info afterwards and haven't had a single problem. I helped 2 of my friend do the same thing and it worked every time. one with a 3g 3.0.1 and the other a 3GS 3.0.

hey guys my ATT iphone 3gs on 3.0 is not letting me receieve MMS but allowing me to send them. i have applyed a IPCC, BUT i have noticed when someone sends me a MMS my phone makes the sound but then it looses service and starts searching and then regains service, but no message, any ideas?

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast