Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

i lose my 3g internet connection way more often before, and it takes forever for it to reconnect to 3g (when i turn it on and off)

i SSH the bundle to my phone.
    it says carrier 5.0 now at least lol

anyone know what gives?

ok i can't get this to work for the life of me. Tried many different settings and nada. I am using the stealth ipcc on a jailbroken 3GS running 3.0 software. I did the sim swap, checked my account and it's back to my iphone and has the "Messaging" feature as current instead of the "iPhone text messaging". What am I missing? I've tried messing with the different settings and sometimes it takes about a minute then gives me the error, and under some settings it times out almost immediately. Could it be the ipcc or just these settings?

i SSH my iphone and i was looking around for this

/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles

and i cannot find that folder
    i can only find the one located in the system directory

what should i do?

my phone says carrier 5.0 cause i was able to replace the one in the system directory with your bundle

tethering works but cant send mms i get the red ! mark

Thanks

ok got it to work...but my mms pictures wont send.. im on 3GS and 3.0.1 itunes 9.. do i have to wait for ATT on sept 25 for them to activate there MMS? i dont have another ATT phone i can swap sim card..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It's the only way to fly
    no it is not.. i never did....... i just loaded your ipcc file and changed the proxy to 66.209.11.32 and it worked great for me.... let me ask can we do this on a 3gs @ 3.1 ???

So, I got MMS working by using the new 5.1/5.0 carrier bundle. Tethering is gone and I can't seem to get it back. I'm on 3.1 (jailbroken) on my 3G.

ANY IDEAS?? Tethering is more important to me. If I can't have both then I'd rather have MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    So, I got MMS working by using the new 5.1/5.0 carrier bundle. Tethering is gone and I can't seem to get it back. I'm on 3.1 (jailbroken) on my 3G.

ANY IDEAS?? Tethering is more important to me. If I can't have both then I'd rather have MMS.
    Supposedly 3.1 kills tethering..dunno if this profile overrides that or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    no it is not.. i never did....... i just loaded your ipcc file and changed the proxy to 66.209.11.32 and it worked great for me.... let me ask can we do this on a 3gs @ 3.1 ???
    It was a joke. Sim swapping is needed for most people but sometimes it just works. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for why someone's MMS starts working. That's why there is 1,000 annoying threads titled "My MMS Is Working!!!!!!". To answer your question you can do it on 3.1 but tethering is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    That's why there is 1,000 annoying threads titled "My MMS Is Working!!!!!!".
    Super boo.

Thanks

Super boo indeed

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

followed the ssh instructions in this thread, and at first everything worked fine, I saw the photo icon but I couldn't send a pic or video though, but today I tested it again and it worked. I sent my first mms today on my phone. I live in the Atlanta area. not sure of location matters though, just wanted to report that it seems mms is getting turned on a few days early.
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

so even tho we have this updated carrier files like 5.0 and 5.1 it wont make it so that itunes thanks we have the last software will it?

Thanks

Yep, that's why I uploaded the stock one to several of the MMS threads

As I stated in another post:
    WTF! It's the 25th now! No text msge from AT&T, no carrier update from them in itunes and no freakin mms on my phone still! C'mon already!

i got the text wed i think but my mms was not working and i had manually updated the 5.1 carrier file then last night i just started getting mms msgs so if you update to a 5.1 carrier file now it probably just works

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I did a manual update to the 5.5 carrier file but it still shows 5.0 on my phone??? any idea

ummm carrier file 6.0? wtf..

Thanks

yep it adds tethering and cellular data settings menu

if you change the visual voicmail settings to acds.voicemail it removes the tethering slider

Thanks

on 6.0?

It should have already said acds.voicemail

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast