Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

Yeah,doat I never thought of it but now that you mention it my mms would work for a week or so but some times only 20 mins I never noticed that I had the web page up on the lap top the whole time it worked.Also I am on the prepaid.

Worked for me 1st try!!! I'm on a shared plan with my wife who has a LG with MMS. I did the .IPCC update (that enabled tethering automatically, but still no MMS), put my SIM in her phone and went to Media Net, put my SIM back in my iphone (never turned iphone off by the way), and BAM now have MMS. I can send AND receive with no problem! I have 3g with 3.0 firmware by the way. Just thought I'd contribute for those who are stuck...

If visual voicemail isn't working after this, just do this: Go to Settings -> General -> Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. Phone will reboot and everything should now work fine.

If anyone's wondering, I followed these steps exactly:

How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes 8.2 in Windows.

Step 1: Quit iTunes
    Step 2: Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog. Enter in cmd then click OK
    Step 3: Enter the following command into the Command Prompt window.
    "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    Step 4: Connect your iPhone and click to launch iTunes from your Start Menu.
    Step 5: Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Shift key and click the Check for Updates button.
    Step 6: Now you can now select your .ipcc file as it is not greyed out

After that, I did the SIM swap part...
    Last edited by bobbydc; 2009-09-06 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ congrats

when you download the ipcc files where do u place them????? thanks wasn't really sure if it mattered bc i cant get command prompt to even take the command

some where in the begining of this thread it shows u step by step how to set your computer up using command. I think I had to leave the last part off for it to work and itunes to see it. Its been awhile and I just muddled my way through but my mms has been working for 3 weeks. the longest so far.

I have tried all of the things in this thread and nothing until the other day I was bored and tried it one more time. Well it worked and I was ecstatic. I noticed that after switching SIM cards medianet recognized my cell number immediately instead of 10-15 minutes during my previous attempts. Then it just worked flawlessly. After 2 days it was knocked off again though and I was able to repeat the SIM switch process and it worked again no problem. What I realized is I had rebooted my iphone for some reason and I think that is what caused it to kill the MMS. Also when you switch SIM cards keep your Iphone on and put the card in while it's still on. That's how the "system" thinks its the dummy phone. Just some stuff I noticed. Hope it helps spmewhere.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

I did what someone else posted and called att with sim in a dif phone. I told the lady i am switching bewtween phone and mms wouldnt work on my non iphone phone. She gladly switched my iphone unlimited to regular unlimited txt. Put my sim back in iphone after i hung up and mms is working great now.
    Used the same settings as posted by stealth. I could have waited until the 25th but what fun i that.

Thanks

^ Only issue with doing that is that you will lose visual voicemail if you do not have an iphone data plan. They are tied together. Congrats on the MMS!

Finally found my older cingular phone (v600) and tried the sim swap method that StealthBravo posted and it worked immediatly and can MMS non stop now. Good job StealthBravo. :Thumbsup:

i actually kept my iphone data plan so everything is working out great. Except most of my friends have iphone they havent updated for mms so they arent getting my messages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    Finally found my older cingular phone (v600) and tried the sim swap method that StealthBravo posted and it worked immediatly and can MMS non stop now. Good job StealthBravo. :Thumbsup:
    congrats

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    it may not be the phone but the fact that att is turning on mms slowly. I know i uploaded the ipcc fille awhile ago and culdnt get it to work but for ab an hr at a time so i gave up. then the other day i saw a post that said mms started working for someone randomly so i gave it a shot and it has been working ever since, i did nothing at al but try to send it and instead of the exclamation mark it went thru. Idk it may be and it may not be or it could be a combination of both working. who knows with ATT

will this work on update 3.0.1

so i have tried everything posted but i only have the button that says update not check for updated since 3.1 came out it will not let me select .ipcc files is there another way to load the .ipcc file?

i have a question about tethering, i heard before that ATT doesnt allow tethering and if you do they will charge you for excessive data use

then i heard that with 3.0 ATT said it was ok to tether?

i have the data plan with my iphone right now and its of course unlimited so why would they charge you for tethering?

and 2nd, i have itunes9 right now, since i wont be able to use itunes to place the ipcc file into my phone, SSH is still a possibility? or do i have to use both? i was a lil confused with the OP sorry

EDIT

ok I SSH my phone and i went to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles to replace my ATT carrier bundle
    i deleted to original one and replaced with the new one downloaded from the OP (near the bottom)

then when i went to /var/mobile/Library/
    there was a shortcut in the directory called /Carrier bundles that leads me directly back to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles

so i didnt delete 2 carrier bundles as instructed in the OP
    sorry if it is hard to follow

did i do everything right?
    tethering is working and i got the camera icon but i am unable to send MMS
    Last edited by supasekziaznboi; 2009-09-12 at 10:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me jon347's Avatar
    Thanks

I SSH everything and i have the settings on right and i try to send a MMS and get to about 95% and i get the exclamation in red? Am i doing something wrong. HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks this worked great!

Thanks

Did you sim swap?

My iPhone is a Part of Me jon347's Avatar
    Thanks

no i didnt do a sim swap. Am i suppose to?

Thanks

It's the only way to fly

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast