Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

i used to have the lil camera in the text window (but not able to send MMS), i am one of those people that has had ZERO luck no matter what they try. recently i have tried a new something new where i downloaded setting off a repo. and than my lil camera disappeared. now no matter what i do i cant get it back, reset network settings, uploaded the ipcc again, nothing works.

any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well I've respringed and I'm still able to MMS so far. 4 days and counting.

followed the steps... still no mms.

I still have the same issue. I works for like a day then stops. If I do the sim swap it works for like a day then stops.

I wonder why some peoples continue to work and others stop after a day or so.

the picture icon doesn't even appear anymore. are there mms settings im supposed to put in there under network?

Thanks

My MMS is still working..though I wish it would save pictures that you take from the Take Photo option.

Mine has been working since I first tried it on my 3GS on July 4th.

One thing that bothers me, as iN2K pointed out, you can't save pictures you take for MMS when using the little camera icon on the SMS screen.

Also, you can't save Video MMS that people send you! What the hell is up with that????

Quote Originally Posted by drrusa View Post

One thing that bothers me, as iN2K pointed out, you can't save pictures you take for MMS when using the little camera icon on the SMS screen.

Also, you can't save Video MMS that people send you! What the hell is up with that????

yes youcan sve them? any picture you take and send, or receive, just click on the picture and you can save it? I save my pictures sent/received all the time?

Default I havent had any luck with mine phone, it gets
    to almost the end of the status bar of sending and then just sits there and then fails, not sure what I may have done but I have done the sim card thing and I have saw that the tethering is working but still cant send a picture

thanks

M

Last edited by maachuu; 2009-07-23 at 03:12 AM.

I have finally got it working. I ran the steps on the first page of this thread... but... between steps 10 and 11 of method 1, I did this:

Update your settings (Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network):
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Other Fields: Blank

I looked at my nokia's settings and set the iphone settings to the same settings before i switched the sim card back to the iphone. This works. Has worked over and over for me (tho for short periods of time).

It seems that it messes up again when I make a couple calls from the iphone and I have to redo it.

EDIT: Oh and... I'm on a family unlimited text plan at AT&T.

EDIT 2: Just figured out too... Sending an MMS crashes the Messages app just after the MMS is sent, because of iBlacklist. Uninstall that and it won't crash anymore.
    Last edited by dennipahmah; 2009-07-23 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added info about iBlacklist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drrusa View Post

In the OS 3.1 you will be able to the save Video that people send you, and also save the PIC after you send it

^ you can already do that in 3.0. just touch the picture. then on the bottom left there's the arrow icon. touch it and the option to save the pic comes up.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^+1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

got mine to work for about an hour .. then it stopped .. sucks . the update allowing us to use mms needs to come out yesterday . smh

Quote Originally Posted by dennipahmah View Post
    I have finally got it working. I ran the steps on the first page of this thread... but... between steps 10 and 11 of method 1, I did this:

Update your settings (Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network):
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Other Fields: Blank

I looked at my nokia's settings and set the iphone settings to the same settings before i switched the sim card back to the iphone. This works. Has worked over and over for me (tho for short periods of time).

It seems that it messes up again when I make a couple calls from the iphone and I have to redo it.

EDIT: Oh and... I'm on a family unlimited text plan at AT&T.

EDIT 2: Just figured out too... Sending an MMS crashes the Messages app just after the MMS is sent, because of iBlacklist. Uninstall that and it won't crash anymore.
    iBlacklist was just updated. No longer crashes upon MMS send. Woo!!!!

Sorry if this is too newbie but my Settings->General->Network does not have Cellular Data Network available as an option. I did already upload of an ipcc file that gave me tethering but I still have no Visual Voicemail. Can anyone help.

Update. Nevermind I guess there are newer ipcc files that have this option
    Last edited by Javamahn; 2009-07-28 at 04:06 PM.

well guys i calld at&t and complained about my phone bill and went into this mms situation. the rep i was on the phone with told me that i had all the features to send/receive mms and i told her i couldnt. i told her i was using a razor and she told me that her system showed a iphone then i said it was a mistake. so she never said n e thing bout a mms opt out. she took some time went into features and after a while she sent me mms and it worked.she said soomething about a mms feature that had to activate or something close. now i dont know what she did but i also dont know how long it will work either. I'll keep u guys posted

did she ask for your IMEI number?

She only commentd about my iphone registern in her system. But i can say my mms has never worked this long

my mms worked like a charm until i rebooted my phone, back to no mms, i even have the unlimited message plan on att, which includes mms, text, video, whats the deal guys?

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast